Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Visit to manila - Part 1


JEEPNEY...TRICYCLE ...!!!!

Where else if not in the Phillipines...??

Yup.. I was there last week. In Manila, ADB Avenue, to be exact.
The only worry I had prior to my trip was ...whatelse if not about 'food'..??
But I my expectation was wrong.. I actually came across a supermarket that sells frozen 'Halal' food.

Anyway, I geared myself with enough stocks.

crowded....... beggars........ tipping........ dusty.....traffic congestion....language barrier ........
All my expectations were wrong.

I only needed a taxi to and from the airport. Ninoy Aquino International Airport.Both drivers speak good English.


The place that I visited was close to the hotel where I stayed, that I just walked from the hotel.   The traffic was not as bad. The place I visited located within the business area that the traffic was controlled. I didnt see many beggars as in my last visit to the country. I guess the economic had gone up.Good to know that.


The first day was wet. It was rainy and windy. Thank God, it wanst dusty at all..

As I walked into the building, I felt as if I was in a European country.I didnt have to struggle on language barrier. I saw so many international staff members. Everyone I met speak English very well, although the locals  tend to converse in Tagalog to me.I expected that though, since me too, look like them.

I found the largest cafetaria that serves international cuisines within the building.

 I settled with indonesian soup, 'Soto'.

The building was huge and nice, surrounded by beautifully done landscape.
.
My friendly client was proudly showing me around her office. Nellie is such a friendly person.

I was surrounded by great hospitality from the locals.


Ok that enuff of  business talk............next...........
As I walked back to the hotel in the afternoon, I stopped by Robinsons departmental store, looking for some local items to bring back.

Going into any building had to go through the security. Great.. I felt secured throughout my stay.

By night, I completed the most important task...shopping. The hotel room was just perfect to release tiresome.

and it was time for an instant porridge,..canned achovies in chilli paste and an instant noodle..  slurppp...!  


By the following day, I could not even look at those packed and canned food. I lied down on the bed, thinking of waht to eat.
SUDDENLY......................crabs....prawn...mussles..oysters.....WHOAH..!!!

Those creatures crept onto my dinner plate ,that nite......




That was the biggest seafood dinner I had . I sat alone, enjpoyed my food without looking aside. yummmm.......The hotel buffet was worth paying.
 Then ...late at night..........jeng..jeng..jeng....!!!!!

I spent many times to the comfort room, comforting my bowel. uh...!!! There goes all of them.

My last day in Manila was supposed to be on the 3rd day. My 1st cousin, Garyson, came and visit me at the hotel lobby. That was nice of him.

Oh...ya...I found another friend while at the client's place. Her firstname is Girlie Claire. We are having the same surname. We didnt know each other, but  deep in us, we believe that we are related somehow. Especially when our ancestors came from the same area.

It was time to leave the country. I hopped into the taxi, which cost me PHP400, happily.
 The traffic was quite bad and the airport was crowded, but they didnt bother me.I couldnt wait to see my family back home.




At the boarding lounge, I waited and waited....and waited... The flight was delayed...then further delayed....then I heard the annoucement..
'The flight cancelled'.. AARRRGGHHGHHGG@#$%$#@@..!!!!!



No comments: