Wednesday, January 6, 2010

From wet to dry

I was X'mas, year ending, sister's visit, sister-inlaw's birthday and a holiday. I make use of the holiday for all-in-one treat day. Not to waste the day, I spent the early morning breakfast with my sister, Siti and family, who were here in KL for a visit. Time with sibling is always precious for me. Hence, woke up early for 'Nasi Lemak' (coconut milk base steam rice with chilli paste, wrapped in banana leave)and 'Roti Chanai' (Malaysian Indian kinda pancake, to be eaten with curry gravy). Next, where the excitement began. SUNWAY LAGOON..!!!! Its a famous theme park build on abandoned tin mine. Its about 20 minutes drive from the central of Kuala Lumpur. Entrance fee is RM60(USD17) per adult and RM48(USD14) per child. I didn't mind the cost as being there makes me feel young and energetic. During holiday, lots of people queuing. So, come early. Its open at 10am. It has Dry Park, but no guarantee that you will stay dry. It has Wet Park. Guarantee you will get soaked. When you are there with kids, make sure to feed them well before jumping into the pool, as its not going to be easy to take them off the pool. It happened to Siti. One son cried after being forced to get out of the pool(Hakim), while the other cried of hunger after hours of swimming(Haikal). I watched and laughed. My children have grown up. Phew..!! Wildlife Park is also available with an extra RM10 cost.
We stayed in the lagoon from the opening hours to the closing.
Ops..!! I got many missed calls from Diana and Tuty (sis-inlaws). Goodness..!! my eldest sis-inlaw's birthday treat on that very night. Its was almost time for our girls outing. ( Our man stayed home , took care of the kids)
ooh..what the heck.. the gathering that matters. Without having a chance to get back and change, I went straight to the dinner place in the same outfit. Luckily it was a 'Kampung' (Malay village)style of seating, that my tropical dressing didnt really clash much with the ambiance.
It was a very nice environment. All dressed up except me. Anyway, the almost forgotten gathering turned out fun. A group of musician and singers added more essence to the night.
"Happy birthday Kak DD"
Here's a special gift for you.. muah! I love you sis.

4 comments:

fayda said...

nice to meet Siti and her family.are the boys twins?good to see you all having fun.

Anonymous said...

kak faida, the sunway lagoon trip is a good idea of having real fun. The kids sure loves it, sampai tak nak keluar dari air. It is always good to have family gathering once a while.2t

Faida said...

Kak Idang,
Siti only have 2 kids. Both boys. Not twin though. 4 and 3yrs old.

T,Ya... thats an idea. We have not been there togeder-geder. Should plan.

Faida said...

Oh ya..Kak Idang, the guy in white shirt sitting with the cute little girl is Asri (tatey) with his daughter, Vivi.