Monday, January 4, 2010

Pasar Malam at Kuala Perlis

Kuala Perlis is where the jetty of ferry crossing over to Langkawi Island located. Its about 1 hour drive from Alor setar, the state capital of Kedah (up north of Peninsular Malaysia), displaying a nice scenery of paddy Fields.
The place is famous of its 'Laksa', a local noodle dish with fish-based gravy.
I happened to be at the state of Perlis for a short meeting last December.
The meeting ended early, left me with such a wide gap to the time of my flight back to Kuala Lumpur. My client was kind enough to drive me to the place of beautiful sunset, Kuala Perlis.
After a good taste of the Laksa, we joined the crowd at the 'Pasar Malam' (night market). I should find 'Pasar Malam' somewhere in Kuala Lumpur at certain day of the week, on several places too, but I could not spend a time to go. Or perhaps, the right way to explain it is, my hubby doesn't like such a crowd places and we never make time to sweat for it. At last, I did , in Kuala Perlis, way...... 400km from where I live. Prices are mostly super cheap there. These photos should explain what I found at the Pasar Malam. I'm lovin' it. Finger lickin' good..

I also met a poor girl, Teoh Bee Sen with her father, begging for contribution. Too bad I spent a lot on other stuff before I met her. I hope my little contribution did help to shed some lights to her life by now.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

all the food makes me hungry, the corn & coconut looks good-2T

Faida said...

T, ya, I regreted not buying the corn. I have not seen it in any of the pasar malam here in KL.

Zurin said...

Syiok nye ..

tano kemalak said...

wondering whatever happen to those jagung ayam yang dulu2 banyak but now dah takde. asyik jumpa jagung manis yang smaller in size???

Faida said...

Aunty Zurin, I used to go to Taman Tun Pasar Malam when I was living in Bangsar. Now I realized how expensive Taman Tun's Pasar Malam is.

Tano,Where got ayam makan jagung? Only elderly people would remember that. Like you and me LOL!!

Anonymous said...

georgia boot safety shoes designer bags sale guess