Friday, January 8, 2010

Year end activities

Year end is always a busy season for me and family. That's when many relatives, as far as from Medan, Indonesia, from Sabah (Borneo) and not to forget those from the Pearl of Orient, Penang Island, would be in town for a holiday and shopping. Any birthday celebration would also take place, wishing for blessing on the years ahead. I normally spent the rest of my yearly off-day from work then. Yum... I could still taste the wonderful steamboat we had.
End of 2009, I decided to join the crowd, checked in to the hotel with my parents, brother's and sister's family so that I could spend time with them, especially with those niece and nephews of colorful characters, without interrupting their shopping activities.
It was a nice hotel, located around the oldest town of Kuala Lumpur, just a walking distance to the busiest road, the well known ' Jalan Tunku Abdul Rahman'. It was quite an expensive hotel for that standard, but convenient for shoppers. Luckily I am married to a travel agent, who was able to get a much cheaper rate for us.
Having a room on the 25th floor, giving me a nice view of the oldest town area, also known as 'Little India'. Its a shopping paradise for Malaysian Indians, especially when 'Deepavali' (Diwali) is approaching. It's also a favorite shopping area for the Malays, especially when 'Hari Raya'(Eid) is around the corner.
Ornaments for decoration, materials for making flower and take-away item at Malay weddings, glittering brooches, real and fake flowers, clothing materials, Islamic books, traveller's items, CDs, jewellery shops, Muslim attires, Indian attires, Shoes, varieties of Indian dishes and many more are available and cheap.
2 nights stay and it was time to say good bye. Sad to see them leave.
Next, back to my normal life, busy with traffic jams, meetings, clearing office back-logs, emailing and of course blogging continues.

4 comments:

Bang Aji said...

I'm looking fwd fr the 1st quater
of the Birthday bash in April..kalau jadi. Papa, mummy jadi ke Umroh?.If not buat kenduri doa selamat aje.
Bang Aji

Faida said...

Bday bash + doa selamat lagi bagus tu Bang Aji.. lagi berkat. InsyaAllah parents jadi ke Umrah.

Zurin said...

seronok nyee!

faida let me know when ur n hubby are free...weekend perhaps? one evening..uncle n aunty nak bawa u n hubby pegi yum yum. let me know k...give us 2 choices of dates so senang fit in. for us weekend is usually ok unless ada wedding la. let me know k . email pun boleh k. or sms pun boleh.

Faida said...

Aunty, so sweet of you. I baru nak diet.
Currently, things get a bit tight especially when my maid decided to quit for health reason and tender bid and business travelling have to happen around this time.Blogging pending. But I will take a raincheck. The offer has no validity right? Thanks so much Aunty. We sure will get to gather again very soon.