Sunday, November 25, 2012

Wrong person

 

Once we worked as a team in Jakarta, Indonesia. I reckoned him as a young, good looking father of 3 boys, then (If Im not mistaken). He used to talk about his rebellious children and his healthy activities like cycling and stuffs. He was fair, tall and healthy.

The project we worked on completed. For about 3 years, there wasn't any kind of communication between us.

3 months ago he called.

“Hi, Ikhwan..!!! how are you doing? Its been so long..” I was excited to get his call. We continued talking about a future business.

A few days later he called again. We continued talking business. Then as I asked about the previous sites, which projects we did, he asked me a weird questions………

”Do you know who you are talking to? I think  you’ve got the wrong person? He then said. I paused.

“eerrr…ya…you’re Ikhwan, of course I know you. We met during the project in the year…. remember? We went to Cilandak and Jatinangor?”. Now his turn to pause. I waited with full of question marks in my mind. “Is this guy serious?” I thought.

With a soft tone, he said..” I'm the one who……” He reminded me. I remembered him. “Oh..ya..ya..I know you…so…how is ‘that’ Ikhwan doing?” I asked.

His answered shocked me “Its a bad news, he died of heart attack about 2 months ago”

oh my…….

No comments: