Sunday, November 4, 2012

Deena’s day, today

 

“Hush..hush..DO NOT post on the Facebook and DO NOT tell anyone ok. I couldn't invite all. Not at this time” She warned me.

“ok..ok..I wont” I obeyed. Zippp…!!! my mouth sealed.

but…she didn't warn me not to blog about it, so I didn't seal my fingers.

I addressed her as ‘kakak’ (kak in a short form), a Malaysian way of expressing respect to a lady older than us. I’ve known Kak Ani for many years just by her name. I knew her as a wife of my hubby’s cousin. And that was  it.

AND THEN…, we got to know each other in person through facebook , which later followed by a family gathering.

Within less than a year, TARAAAA….!!!!! we are now BCF(Take a guess).

DSCN0239

Guess what? we both are the 7th among our siblings and we both share the same birth date. What a coincidence. No wonder, we are both ‘good girls’

Today is one of her wonderful day..also to her hubby , Nana Din, as my hubby addressed this cousin of his. Like my hubby, Nana Din is a man with a few words…but……………

DSCN0087

….today, both husband and wife could not run away from being a perfect hosts.

My beloved parents-inlaw, my loving hubby and I arrived at the house, slightly later than promised.

DSCN0080 DSCN0261  

The house was beautifully decorated with bountiful bouquets were set on each table.

DSCN0160  

Both wonderful hosts did their role well.

DSCN0145 Are they here..?? (Both looked anxious)  uh..! they’re caught in the traffic. Traffic congestion is part life for those who are living in Kuala Lumpur area.

 DSCN0086You..!! dont just simply post my photo without editing ok…I got her 1st warning.

Stay there flower girls..not until I say yes..!

 DSCN0130

 DSCN0234 Make sure all food are served. Get ‘em ready….

Wooaaahhhh….! Those perfect hosts were so busy at that moment.

“Would I be able to handle this kind of occasion if it was mine?” I thought…hu.hu.hu…I better not think about it. Not now.

 

The special occasion was an engagement day for their one and only daughter, Deena. She was still in the room then, that I could not capture her in my camera.

While the house compound, was nicely covered for the comfort of the invitees….

DSCN0090

in the house, there was a nicely decorated stage for the fiancée-to-be.

 DSCN0082  WOW..!! at times I thought it was a wedding.

VIP ladies, including my mom-inlaw were seated at one corner of the house.

DSCN0083 DSCN0125

while the VIP men, including my dad-inlaw, at another corner. DSCN0120

DSCN0110 Wait…!!! is that  Ghouse..?

 

 DSCN0109 yup..that's him….. a cousin brother of my hubby and an ex-university-mate of mine. I paused a second, recalling our university days, looking at him as a much younger man. “You’ve grown up, my man….” Side ways, I meant.

I wont misrecognizing Ghouse with that sweet smile of his. A gathering wouldn't be fun without this guy.

DSCN0124  Good for me for having a camera with a wide screen, wide enough to accommodate these two guys, Ghouse and my beloved room-mate(comes hubby). DSCN0123 hhhmmmmm….I wonder if these 2 guys know that there is such a place called Gymnasium.

 

I continued going in and out of the house with my camera, that some could have mistaken me with the actual host

Hi..!I’m so and so….I met a nice couple who are living just two doors away from the house, Fuzila and Zain.

DSCN0171 I chat with them for awhile and I couldn't help myself from talking about my excitement being to The Komodo Islands, still…yes ..komodo is still in my mind.

Once a while I excused myself to play a self-assigned role as the camera woman.

Smile….

DSCN0117 DSCN0116 oh man..!!! at a glance, I thought Maher Zain was there.

DSCN0115 Look here you’ol..

click after click….

DSCN0081  DSCN0079        

More and more invitees arrived (phew..! I wasn't late after all.)

  DSCN0103  DSCN0101   DSCN0098 “You look familiar” I teased these sweet couple who I just met 2 days ago. They are my hubby’s fun-to-be-with cousin brother, Hussain, and Mrs. Hussain or Kak Maimoon, as I'm addressing her. A gathering wont be fun without them too.

DSCN0097  DSCN0095

More being welcomed.

DSCN0147DSCN0146

and my task wasn't done…….Cheers guys…..

DSCN0182 DSCN0181

 

45 minutes later………

DSCN0148DSCN0136 “Darling,..come quick..!” The lady host could have said, while looking at her beloved,  who was still busy chatting.

THEY ARE HERE..!!! At last…

  DSCN0139DSCN0140

Happiness expression portrayed on parents of both parties, when they were embracing each other, obviously one could tell how blessed the engagement was.

Come on in ladies and gentlemen…welcome….welcome….

 DSCN0144 DSCN0143 DSCN0142 DSCN0141   DSCN0138   DSCN0137

The group from the Fiancé’s side arrived with a few trays of gifts for an exchange with gifts from the Fiancée's side. Its a customary event here in Malaysia.

You give me 5 trays, I give you 7

You give me 7 trays, I give you 9

DSCN0184

You give me 9 trays, I give you 11

Dont ask me why..just follow the norms.

whatever…but don't you dare not to include the engagement ring and the $$$ with the amount of not less than….shhh…...lets keep it a secret for now.

FSCN0176 So…there was the ring. Too bad it was too far for me to zoom. I couldn't get into the house then. No parking.

DSCN0164 DSCN0163

I made do with watching through the window pane.

DSCN0153 DSCN0152

 

The moment I saw the host stood up, and others started coming out …That’s it..! Done.!!! They were officially engaged.

DSCN0186

I quickly rushed in to take a glance at the pretty girl.

There she was…..Deena, beautifully made up, seated on the stage especially built for her……

  DSCN0188 …and having ring nicely fit on her finger.DSCN0190

You’ve grown up now, girl. Keep all the advices from your mom and dad with you ok.

DSCN0201 The fiancé looked so nervously excited (if there's such a word)

Next…….EATING TIME…!!!! yummm…. My kind of food. I enjoyed ‘em so much, that I could have gluten ‘em all, but I ‘ve got to get my work done.

DSCN0170  DSCN0209

click..click…click…..

DSCN0216 

I saw everyone were eating, except this excited mom…DSCN0215

And this overwhelmed dad…

DSCN0214

 

I continued kept on capturing photographs like nobody’s business.

DSCN0213   DSCN0210

DSCN0255 DSCN0254 DSCN0253

Not forgetting the actual cameraman.. DSCN0249

 

DSCN0196 I found these 2 pretty moms, still in the house. Aren't you gals hungry? Good you see you again, my dear friend, Ida.

 

DSCN0227 Ghouse…!!??…err….I thought I’ve seen you…errr…!!! yeaaaahhh right…thats you first round, alright…we both laughed, having mutual understanding.

I turned to my  right…then turned to my left. I lost track of my hubby’s where about. There you are….! I found him seated at another table, busy talking to his new found friend. That's the way, my man. Talk..!DSCN0237

Ok it was more than 2 hours since we arrived and ..burp..!!!  excuse me…time to leave.

We’ve gotta make a move….DSCN0259 thank you so much…

good to see you….DSCN0261glad to have met you…

 

DSCN0260 bye……………. Wait Papa….!!

Mummy is still in there…….DSCN0258

 

Congratulation mom-inlaw-to-be. Take care…..DSCN0262

DSCN0264 See you again…jumpa lagi……Assalamu’alaikum…….. We kept on waving to each other.    

Aah….! How what a nice feeling seeing those happy faces. We came with love and drove off with love.

4 comments:

Ghouse said...

He..he..he..As usual...well done..always reading with a grin on my face...Thanks Faida...

Faida said...

its true ,cuz, without you in our gathering, its less fun. Kak apply jadi GFC member lah ni. (Ghouse Fan Club)

Anonymous said...

wow lots of food!!! lama tak nasi lemak oooppsss

Faida said...

Alahai Nasi Lemak..lama ko menghilang