Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Meeting Man and Creature.

I've been there many times to conduct software training to the librarians. Only this time I arrived after midnight. The airport was quiet. We were glad to to see our names being paged, although my surname was wrongly spelled. The driver safely drove us through the darkness. At the hotel lobby, the man at the reception relieved seeing his last guests of the day finally arrived. It was a simple-and-clean inn. On the next morning, my partner, Gina, conducted our new product demo. How nice, I didn't have to present in this trip. I joined just to be there and be friendly to the clients, said hi! to the higher management , shook hands, talked and laughed over the tea break up to the lunch. Being able to maintain such character, turning clientship to friendship is required in my business and in a many more businesses. The Islamic oil rich country is peaceful, far from traffic jams and from crimes. Its a good place for a change. Process of urbanization are still going on. The lucky locals are taken care very well by their Sultan. The language is similar to Malaysian Malay. English is widely spoken too. Many Filipinos workers. All kind of world dishes were available. However, if you are a clubbing kinda person, this wouldn't the place to favor. No alcoholic drink served here. So, if you have to drink, you may bring 1 bottle of alcohol drink. That's the limit unless if you are willing to see extra bottles down the drain, as you reach the Airport's Custom alley. Coffee is available though. Despite my many-many trips there, the hospitality I received was still as in the previous. I was surrounded by good hosts. Even the wildlife came out to greet me. Bandar Seri Bengawan, Brunei, where I paid 1 night visit, a couple of days ago. At the university library, I met people who some, I forgot their names, and often forgot what matters was discussed a year ago, which they remembered well. Being the instructor of courses to the group of them, I do not have such capability to store all those matters for years. Anyway, I loved the sight of their happy expression seeing me.
While attending to some matters, I heard commotion from the other department of the library. Everyone were screaming. Some were standing on the table top. A baby phyton sneaked out from under the bookshelf. It stayed still. Perhaps, the process of shading was tiring. I went close to the fiery camouflage creature and snapped photographs of it. "The snake came out to welcome you," a lady said. They all laughed. I enjoyed seeing all those happy faces. A few minutes later, 2 security guards appeared with their equipment and took the snake away. What an excitement! My flight back to KL was 7:20pm. Not to miss the food and ambiance at the Royal Brunei Sky Lounge, my partner and I went to the airport early. Internet access and plenty of food are available. We had a good relaxing, eating and surfing. In the flight.. again... ate while watching personal TV. Shown in the picture, Gina and her inflight activity, while some people were fast asleep. I ate too much that I woke up with headache. That's the problem when I had to travel. Hmmm....May be I should demand an extra allowance for this fat-building designation.

4 comments:

Zurin said...

I was 2 years in Brunei while Iwas in form 4 and 5. tak plak nampak ular!...enjoy jugak la ...made close friends in school but have lost touch completely.

brunei si nice but to small nowhere to go....if you are old married couple ok la kalau young and belum kawin susah sikit la kan?

Faida said...

Aunty, Wah! you lived in many states and country. What a colorful life.

Snakes are getting smarter nowadays. They even go to the library to seek knowledge.

About Brunei, yes its small country.susah cari partner. Everyone seems to know each other.

tano kemalak said...

went 'thru' brunei last year masa buat tv program n amazed by its wealth and the sorry 'state' of those at the border (on our side). jauh panggang dari arang

Faida said...

Tano. Wow! what an adventure you've been thru. Why not put those potographs in your blog. Nak jugak aku tengok that side of the country.What an interesting job you have. You're adventurous. Ringan badan engkau kesan kemari ya..