Saturday, August 6, 2011

Racism in all

 

He was the only one with strange look and color. His pretty polka dots mother discriminated him, while his brother which looks like his father and his sister, which looks like his mother were lovingly taken care of my his mother and also by his step aunt.

300720113705

I'm talking about a stray cat family, which has been living behind my house. A few kittens were born but they never last. I’m not sure if they were eaten by passer by dogs or did they die due to the weather, out there or did somebody pick them to give shelter. Just like what Nadia and I are doing to this 3rd generation.

On these 3 siblings, I’ve been watching them. I watched when each of them came of of their mother’s womb. I watch when they where growing and started learning and venturing new surroundings.I watched how each one interact and behave. I watch how the mother took care of them and cleaned them and feed them. Once when they were carried away by their mother to other place outside of my wet kitchen area, I looked around for them and got my maid to bring them back.

I regarded my attention to one particular kitten. Since born, he was already feeling out of place. His 2 siblings didn't think he belongs to the family. He is too ugly for them. We called him E.T.

 

 290720113695

Ruled out by my hubby, cats are not allowed in our small house, but a couple of time, the mother was able to break the rules and got them under the sofa at my living room, for a while, until my husband came down.

Out you go, little one..!!!

So, Nadia and I got them a new shelter. In the box , outside the house.

  110720113379_2

Being ugly and weak, E.T had always being pushed aside by the 2 better looking siblings of his. To make things worse, his mother too didn't really bother to feed him Feeding time was a fighting time for little E.T, as for  the 2 siblings of his, they had always won the game.

Poor E.T didn't grow as fast as the other 2. His ugliness didn't do good justice to him.

290720113688

290720113694

The 2 siblings love each other, but not towards poor little E.T.

Yesterday, I found E.T’s cold body at one corner. Sad.

He died due to mal-nutritioned.

Come to think about it, there is no difference between human and animals. Racism exists. I see it thru observing those stray cats and I felt it thru reading comments from a few Facebook groups that I am added into. While I didn't ask to be included, I had no intention to participate commenting. Many comments were mind-polluting and I don't favor such comments. As much as I could, I would avoid unnecessary stress.

In fact,  I wanted to leave the group,a few times, then later decided not to. I want to continue reading and observing. And I want to use it as a learning path for understanding normal behaviors and deviant behaviors.

No comments: