Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Watching ‘bola’ with the boys


121209-220654 Pizza, drinks and snacks were ready.
In Malaysia there is a popular slang of ‘makan bola, minum bola, tidur bola’.
Bola means ball.

makan bola : eat ball (transliterated as ‘when you eat, you think of ball)
minum bola: when you drink , you think of ball
tidur bola: when you sleep, you think of ball

The ball in this context is an acronym for soccer game or often called football by the locals, while in The United States, football is meant for an America Football.

It was last Sunday, when the Semi-Final, Malaysia vs Laos was on.
1-1 playing at home ground was quite a disappointment to Malaysian, including to these guys, my hubby, my brother,Asri, who happened to be around, and my nephews, Mikhail and Danial, who purposely came to to have a loud shout of GOAL..!!!! with their uncles.
121209-220219 
I when up and down the house doing my course, and at times watched with them or perhaps irritated them with my questions ‘whats the score?’ every now and then.

121209-220327
When the match finished, the channel switched to another soccer game. They continued watching.

Times up..!!
it was time to fetch my beloved Adri, who chose to join his friend to seek for a job during the school holiday.

Despite his father’s approval, he accepted a waiter position.

“WAITER..????
he has never even touch a broom and hardly washed his own plate in the house….” That was our first impression.
“For your experience sake, go ahead”. That was my reaction of approval on his request.
“ How much do you want? I will pay you. You are too young to work” Thats his Papa’s reaction.
Since he insisted.We let him work, anyway.
My poor grown up baby…..IMG01347-20121207-2311
IMG01348-20121207-2311We watched him cleaning the restaurant every night, at closing time, like a driver waiting for the boss. I couldn't wait for the school to start. That marks the end of our job as his drivers too.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

for my 2 boys...watching bola means , must be with uncle ess! 2T

Faida said...

Haha..! and thats for me to get a shock whenever there is a goal scored.