Friday, October 12, 2012

Merry marriage of the year 2012

DSC03811 I should have posted about this special ceremony for my family much earlier, but time was limiting then. Today, at last, had a chance to look through all the photographs.

21st August 2012 was a BIG day for our family. Jia, the youngest among my siblings, at last, married. Matt, her work mate, is such a good guy and adorable too.

That morning……….

KNOCK..!!! KNOCK..!!! KNOCK..!!! Wake up….!!! They are here..!!!!!

At 9:30am..??????, the time I would still be having a sweet dream during my weekend, the team arrived.

I rushed to the wash room and…. you can imagine how rushing I was…. within 10 Minutes, I was downstairs welcoming the invitees.

   DSC03755DSC03808 The Bride’s Groom came with a few trays full of gifts for the bride. Among them are the ‘Mahligai’ , The Suluk/Tausug word for ‘Palace’.

Oh, don't  mistaken it with a real palace. ‘Mahligai’ is just a small design of wooden palace-like sculpture, decorated with candies and filled with various type of traditional cookies.

DSC03841

Its beautiful and so tempting especially to the children and to me too. It is one of the mandatory gift to the Tausug(Philipines)/Suluk(Sabah), other that golden ring for the bride.

As in the norms, culturally, the men and Women are seated on the floor, on a separate area, during the ‘Nikah’, which means a marriage ceremony to the Muslims.

DSC03777DSC03793DSC03779DSC03778

The ceremony started as soon as the ‘Imam’ (Someone who is elected to hold the Islamic Leadership position for the area) arrived.

When the words of God recited and the vows were said, The Imam then announced them as husband and wife.

     DSC03793       DSC03795

Both Bride and the groom would go around getting a blessing from all members of family from both sides.

DSC03797DSC03800

Next, it was time for them to be displayed to all, on ‘Pelamin’, the special stage beautifully decorated to match their color theme……..

DSC03810

…..while others continued hello..hello-ing, after so long not meeting each other. Uncles, aunties..grannies…al in one were there.

DSC03813

Many wouldn't leave a chance to have photographs with the handsome and pretty duo. They were the King and Queen of the day.

DSC03809

Home cooked dishes where served . They were simple and nice.

Prior to the eating business, another event were slotted in. Its is called “Bergunting’ (cutting hair). The event is mean to embrace the arrival of a new born baby.

DSC03818

Welcome to the world Mohd Izzul Islam Bin Mohd Azeri, the youngest niece of mine, for now.

Next, about 2 hours later, the house were almost empty. We, the family members were all back to the kitchen and started to do another round of cooking for the night ceremony. PHEW…..!!!!!

After the long day of hard work, I thought the nite ceremony would be simple and energy affordable, but………..NO..NO..NO…………

DSC03856

DSC03862  DSC03846DSC03845DSC03844  

My make up melted but still I was able to squeeze my cheek to smile though, especially when I see this little boy, the cutest boy of the nite, Firdhaus, the youngest brother to the groom.

DSC03849 

My parents happiness shone indescribable.

  DSC03872 

We spent the rest of the ceremony capturing memories.

Photographs with all siblings.

DSC03870

With nephews and nieces.

   DSC03877  

Nephew and nieces teasing the new family member. You’ve got to be tough with us, bro.

DSC03880  

Sweet nieces with age ranges from 24yrs old to 1.5yrs.

DSC03883

I’m glad to meet many of my cousins, after so many years.

DSC03867 DSC03868

We stayed up and chat till the place almost empty.

DSC03869 DSC03890

Wait…wait…wait…..

The nite  wasn't over…..

The event continued ,late at night, exclusively for family members only.

A group of specially hired Tausug traditional musician arrived with  ‘Gabbang’ (musical instrument made of Bamboo, and violin.

They played the whole night. Too, bad my Tausug has diluted so much that I could not understand the beautiful rhyme.

DSC03752 DSC03753

at almost 2am,I told them to stop, out of pity, although they were paid to entertain us all night long.

DSC03751 I had my photo with the group hehe…

Here’s a sample of the music. The lyrics are sang impromptu. I salute these people.

 

huhu….I’m tired…..I’ll stop here. Thanks for dropping by my blogsite.

No comments: