Sunday, August 22, 2010

Oh Allah, I’ve learned

While on my visit to the holy land doing my ‘Umrah’ last couple of weeks, I’ve learned that Malaysian are good people. Respectful, clean and with great discipline.
Malaysia is beautiful, clean the people are friendly.
For those reasons Malaysian are liked by most local people in Madinah and Mecca.
That was what I’ve been told by those Arabs, whom I came across.

I could feel the advantages being a Malaysian, when I was there. No matter how crowded the mosque, I never had much difficulties searching for a seat to do my prayers. Someone or two were always kind enough to squeeze me in between their seating place. All I did was smiled to those ladies, shook their hands and praised 'Assalamu'alaikum', which phrase is understood by all Muslims.

Oh Allah, I've learned that you are always there to answer my prayers. Oh God, I've prayed for you to keep me away from difficulties throughout my journey and I've learned that you listened to my prayers.
 122 IMG_8238
Once or twice, my requests were rejected, but I was not hurt at all because I knew that somebody would be willing to take me. In my mind, I only had one goal. I was there to pray to God and with God’s willing, I shall get a place. And all the time, I got it.

Having been to Pakistan also an advantage for me, and earned me a welcoming gestures from many Pakistani ladies seating next to me.

While doing my ‘zikir’, I looked around, amazed with such number of people. Maybe hundreds of thousand, maybe million of them, not knowing where everyone came from, we were all there to pray for one God, the Almighty Allah.

I’ve seated next to the old, the young, the black and the white. They were all nice to me. Again, God answered my prayers. Thank you, Allah.

Arab's children are so cute to my eyes..they are.....indeed.
 094 115095 093134 135 136  138 139 126
 
During Ramadhan, I didnt bother to think of what shall I have for breaking my fast, because I knew someone would offer me ‘Kurma’ (dates), at least. And they always did.

On my last day in Mecca, I decided to contribute food at the mosque. I bought 10 loafs of bread. The moment I took them out one by one to the crowd, I was almost suffocated by the number of hands appeared and almost covering my face. I saw a lady holding the piece of bread and lifted her hands, thanking God for what she had gotten for the day. I was so touched. I could not continue the task. I handed over the bread distribution job to my hubby and my son. The 10 loafs of bread disappeared within seconds. I wished I’ve bought more.
141 142 143
I’m now back in Malaysia with full of appreciation to Allah, for the precious life that I have, for what I am and for giving me this beautiful country, Malaysia.

No comments: