Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Double detoxification-Meeting old friends

My gym training last night was violent. My trainer put me on my first class of kickboxing. I hate violence!!! Anyway, it was fun and good for building up stamina and strength, especially to an elderly lady like me, who travel quite a lot by my own.

After working out at the gym, I received an unexpected text on my hp. It was from my long lost friend, song composer Yasin, who is an ex-vocalist of a ‘Nasyid’ group called Brothers (group of singers singing Islamic songs). Surprisingly, a few youngsters that we met along the way while looking for a place to sit, still recognized this singer, including my personal trainer.

190120111023

We planned to meet up to catch up those 10 years of gap. He appeared with another long lost friend, Farihin Abd Fatah, the ex-manager of once very famous ‘Nasyid’ group, Raihan. Farihin was proudly telling me that he just completed composing a ‘Tausug’ song (thats my language, originated from southern Philippines).

We spent about an hour chatting at the nearest cafe, sharing photos of our grown up kids. Both got me to translate the ‘Tausug’ song that they were working on. Within 10 years, I’ve changed a lot in appearance and size, while those 2 guys are still looking as 10 years ago. What the h…!

10 years of depart, but our old jokes are still intake. Both with their hilarious character could not stop me from laughing all the way. It was a healthy night for me. I detoxified myself with exercises and laughter.

No comments: