Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Enjoy life while you can

Unplanned, I flew to Bandar Sri Begawan on Monday morning. Due to conveniences of purchasing an air ticket, I chose to fly on Air Asia. 6.45am flight AK262. 2 hours prior to departure, I have to be at the airport, according to the rules of the well-known low cost carrier.

12:30am- went to bed
3am woke up, shower and got ready to leave (only 2.30 hrs sleep)
4.15 am out of the house, alone driving in the dark cruising thru the darkness, all the way to LCCT airport which took me about 1 hour.
I checked on the departure screen. AK262 checking counter no: KIOSK. I turned to the information counter staff.
Hah!! no counter checkin? where is the kiosk? WWOOAA.....!!! such a long que.

At last I reached the kiosk machine after such a long line. That was 50minutes before the departure time.
But appeared on the screen 'unable to ...... please proceed to the counter' (something like that). Panicked.
Which counter??? I turned back to the information counter staff. "R3 & 4". Oh no.. why it has to be the counter located right at the end...?!&*^%$##@@@

WHat?? such a long line..!!! AGAIN..!
"Thats it..Im gonna miss my flight" I thought. Phew..! the staff volunteered to open one counter to attend to me.

9:30am, Monday 27thSept2010, I reached Brunei, relieved seeing my name being flagged at the exit point. Our business counter part pre-arranged a pick-up and met up with my 2 colleagues.

The same afternoon, we went to Brunei State Mufti office. Presentation. A few familiar faces glad to see me, especially when I appeared with my hair covered ( a proper Muslim attire) Emmmm... a new appearance to be considered in a near future.
The presentation went well.

After work, we went back to the hotel, Grand City hotel at Gadong area. Small hotel, but with a great area, where everything I like are within reach.  I am talking about food, of course. Satay of camel meat, ostrich, squid,oyster, beef intestine, beef stripe, duck, cow's lung, pancreas. After the satay treat, we continued to the next restaurant to have the tasty soto. My 2 colleagues and I went back to the hotel to rest, but I only had 1 hour rest, before my client came to greet me at the hotel and took me out for a 2nd round dinner.

2nd round dinner was on satay again! then on the local famous food 'Ambuyat'. It was almost 10pm when we finished eating. My eyes were getting heavy in fact even during the presentation. I needed a sleep badly. But 'not yet' my dear. Entertain your client. So, we continued our chat at another cafe which close up to mid night. she talked, I listened, she talked , I laughed, she talked, I listened, I 'Oh...'...really...., wow..!,.. ah..., uhuh... and my eyes we getting heavier. We had a good chat, but I had to excuse myself at 11:30pm.

Before bedtime, I started my computer., logged in to internet, check email. Oh no..! more things to do. work, work and work until 1:30am, a few more hours to catch my flight back to KL.

Landed LCCT airport at 12:30noon, had a quick lunch the headed to the office to work. After work, the plan is to go to the gym and work out a bit, cutting down some fat.

What a life..! and I am enjoying it.

No comments: