Thursday, November 4, 2010

Lasik eye surgery

 

I just did it yesterday. Imagining would give a ‘YUKie’ feeling, but it wasnt that bad. Not painful, only uneasiness to the fact that you are wide awake throughout the  procedure and you could feel your eyes being forced open , then something pressing onto it. Other than that you only see light and just follow instruction from the doctor.

The doctor, Dr. Yeoh, is such loving individual. He addressed me as ‘dear’ and talked to me like talking to a child. He made me feel good, like an obedient little girl.

The surgery took about 20 seconds on each eye. The cleaning up makes the whole procedure longer. All together only took about 10 minutes. Simple but scary and worrying of course. I could go home immediately.

Right after the surgery, my sight was blur and my eyes redish. I was given eye drops for me to use for at least 3 weeks. No water no sweat should get into my eyes within that period. There goes my gym training.

2 hours after the surgery, when the numbness went off, I started to feel the pain, perhaps due to the pressing on my eye ball. I could not open my eyes and could not control tears. I took the painkiller provided and forced myself to sleep. When I woke up 6 hours later, the tears disappeared. Redness is still there and I have to continue wearing dark eye glasses with good UV coverage. The best thing is, I dont need my long sighted eyeglasses now. However, to read a small characters, I still need to use near sighted eye glasses.

Wow! I could not believe I am that brave.

The surgery cost me about RM3000 (USD 1000), a promotional price.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

i was hoping it would be BLUE OR GREEN but you choose for it to be RED!!!!!! brave sister. tomorrow if mummy cook kaki kambing you cannot SEE anything with those dark shades so K2T will be very happy!take care! .....littlesisD

Faida said...

My dear littlesisD,
LOL! Red seems to be a must, so I had no other option. LOL..!
Tapi kalau ada kaki kambing, Surely I can see one...

Anonymous said...

what...she can not see the kaki kambing?......it is all mine than. 2T

Samual said...

Is fantastic Blog.If you are seeking lasik in India, whether conventional laser vision correction or a custom wavefront treatment such as CustomVue or Custom Cornea, Eye surgery India can help you find India lasik surgeons who will provide you with information on the cost of India lasik plus advice on your best option and lowest risk amongst the long list of corrective procedures available in India.

Faida said...

2T,
Kaki kambing punya pasal, meraba pun I sanggup.

Dear Samual,
Once is enough for me though. Thanks for the info anyway.

seoservices said...

Thanks for the useful information.Six Pack Shortcuts A Genuine Review From My Personal Experience.