Saturday, June 25, 2011

Nostalgic antiques

 

I’ve seen this a lot during my younger days. They seemed to exist in all my Chinese friends’ houses. The antique look never fade from my mind and I still love the look and feel of this almost forgotten wardrobe. If you ever find this model nowadays, check the price. I figure it would be a boom!

250620113340 

 

 

Next…..traditional light lamp. I still remember my beloved great grand mother’s voice, "light up the lamp. its time to sleep”. I lit as ordered. I then sleep with my hand smelt of gasoline.

 250620113338 

 

 

Then in the morning, after shower, I waited for my maid (then) who earlier burned charcoals and placed them into the traditional iron, made of copper. She carefully, not to touch the burning hot copper, placed it on top of folds of banana leaves to smoothen the base before using it to press my school uniform.

   250620113333

 

 

For sure this model is much older than me, as I don't remember riding this bicycle or perhaps I’ve forgotten. I do remember the model ‘Chopper’ though. Anyway, I do like this nostalgic model.

 250620113332 

 

Even if you ever found them being sold, those antiques for sure would be way.. too… expensive compare to the good old days.

Somehow, I can afford them though. And I have them all fit in my space limited house.

Except…they are in a smaller version.

250620113347

HEHEHEeee…….

No comments: