Thursday, February 9, 2012

Landmines Game

 

There was a calling for me to take the challenge. Then one day I arrived. I got into a huge room. It was so dimmed that I could only see spots all over the floor. I was told that, those were land mines.I walked slowly and steadily.

landmine

I had to walk across within the dimmed light, towards the other side of the room. It wasn't an easy move, having landmines all around. A single mistake could mean fatal. Step by step, I reached the middle. Another half of the challenge to the other side. I could also see dim shadows not too far from where I was. They were just like me. Walking cautiously, avoiding danger. Suddenly………

Bomb..!!

Ouch..! That hurts.! the unlucky guy screamed. Lucky for him, it wasn't a fatal mistake he did. He raised his hand. The lights switched on. He needed a rest. Then I heard through the speakers “Take 5. You are excused”. It took him a while before he started his journey again.

It was only then I new that the room was watched closely by group of people. The wall was made of a see through material. People were watching us from out there. It was a game.

I was still shocked by the loud thud, but it didn't stop me from going ahead, aiming for the victory. So far so good. I have not stepped on the fatal inheritance.

Quarter to go. I heard an announcement……

Danger zone!!

I noticed the number of landmines are getting more, which getting more difficult for me to maneuver my way through. At times, I had to jump, skipping a few.  More cautious moves I made.

Suddenly..

BAM..!!!

Gosh..!!! THAT WAS CLOSE..!

My heart was pumping hard. The landmine triggered, just next to me, as I almost reached the safe area.

I stunned . My steps stopped.

Another 3 jumps to the finishing line. One……Two….Three…..Done..!!!!

‘Thats it..! Im done with this game’

I walked out . PHEW…!!!

No comments: