Monday, February 13, 2012

Whitney Houston died at 48

 

48? Thats almost my age and here I am thinking that I will live forever, while The Almighty Allah would take anybody at all, when He thinks its time.

Hearing the sad news about this favorite singer of mine, makes me realize how lucky I am , living in a simple life, surrounded by a loving family. I do not need an extra ‘happiness booster’ in order to be happy.

whitney

I tried to imagine being a world popular singer, like Whitney. I could feel the heat of my screaming fans. I could feel the irritation hearing the clicking of cameras surrounding my family dinner. I could feel the emotion reading poisonous remarks from the gossipers. My poor family had to go through the agony throughout my career, being followed by paparazzi and mamarazzi. Privacy is only gained within the four walls of my room. Oh NO…!!!

I need to have a good vacation minus the Paparazzis. I want to continue barbequing by the beach with my family without being watched. I want to do my shopping spree without being chased by my fans. I want to wear whatever feels comfortable to me without judgment on the price, by the journalist. I want to sit by the roadside eating my favorite Durian. I want to feel free eating my favorite ‘Chendol’ at a hawker stall without being starred at.

Oh..by the way, Chendol (chen-doll) is a sweet coconut milk dessert, widely found at Malaysia hawker stalls. Its yummy.

I feel sorry to Whitney’s relatives and I feel sorry for myself for loosing another favorite singer of mine, but I am glad for being who and what I am.

Rest in peace Whitney Houston.

No comments: