Saturday, February 4, 2012

Waiting for a Family Gathering

 

I’ve been to a little ones, now its a bigger event this time. More than 100 relatives will be there. If they were from my side I wouldn't be too conscious on what to wear, what to say, what not to say, how to say, and so forth, but its a gathering of relatives from my hubby’s side. I have not met 90% of them.

If it was a meeting thru the Facebook, I could just say what I wanted to say and could just logout. Then I could just login to check if someone commented. Could it be negative or positive comment? I wouldn't have to worry, as he or she wouldn't be there in front of me.

Now..here comes the major event….

Anxious…conscious…cautious….all-in-one.

‘err…yaa…this is how I look’ (I chose a younger looking me in the photograph for my FB profile photo)

‘uhuh..this is how I pronounce words’. I was born in another island, I'm a Malaysian though, and I would be delighted to meet all.

Guys and gals, I might be different, but this is how I am. I might dress unlike the others, but , inside me is a heart as soft as them. I might not talk the same dialect, but I do talk with honesty. I might be slow in catching the jokes , but I will laugh once it gets to my sense. So bear with me cousins. I will be there, regardless of the expectation.

No comments: