Thursday, November 19, 2009

UPSR is out

Today, 6th Graders result is out. UPSR exam, as how it is referred to in Malaysia. Adri got what he deserved for not taking education seriously. He chose playing football instead of studying.... He played computer game when his parents were not around..... He kept falling asleep when being forced to read. Boys will be boys. What more can I say? Today, receiving his exam result, he created his own dissatisfaction for not getting straight A's, as he got B's in two of his subjects. He was sad that his favorite subject, Science happened to be one of the B's. Having seated next to a parent whose child scored all A's, today, of course I wished for my son to excel similar flying colors result too, somehow, recalling those days during my time, I only used 2 terms, 'Pass' or 'fail', while the kids now are talking about 'A' or 'not-A'. So, to me 3A's and 2B's is excellent (to my standard.. he..he..). He was able to score 3A's and 2B's even when he did not pay much attention to his study. On the other side of my mind, I wonder if he is gifted, or,has the level of academic gone down. Whatever it is, I would like to think positively that my son is a smart boy. And one word for him... 'No more freedom by next year, my boy" OK, 1 down, another 1 to go. Nadia is now in a midst of SPM exam, a hurdle before entering college. Wish her luck. Phew! so, this is how my parents felt then. What goes around, comes around.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

to Adri- CONGRATULATION DEAR ADRI!
kak faida, i think his result is acceptable, well as you said he dont pay much attention on his study but he still excel in his exam.it means he is a smart boy , if he were to put extra effort surely he is going to score straight A's .To me , every child is different and has its own specialty which yet to be discovered.
And as for nadia, I am sure she will do well in her SPM.......than next the pressure is on Danial.....ahhhhhhhh... next month baru panic, sekarang he is enjoying himself.-2T

Faida said...

T, its true every child is different. Adri disappointed with his Science result.I partly blame us, the parents. Being the baby of the family, he always get what he wanted and we never push him on something that he didnt want to do, like studying. Will try another approach next year.

Nadia has a good foundation. Even if she doesnt get straight A's, I know she'd done her best.

A smart boy like Danial should be able to reach his academic goal. InsyaAllah.

Anonymous said...

Faida, your Adri is a smart boy. Believe me, acedemic is not SOLELY the criteria to measure wisdom. Its the way of thinking that count most, see .. he has that value wihtout much preparation he uses his smart way of thinking to answer those questions. C.Pa.

Faida said...

Thanks C.Pa, I would like to think it that way too. It makes me feel better.I will tell him your word of encouragement.

tano kemalak said...

result aku pun 2X5 so no need to say anything hehe

Uncle IhsanDD said...

Congrat ADRI,
UPSR is not the end but the beginning, to strengthen your effort in your study.Don't worry your result is better then Abg Redza. Stay focus and enjoy your holiday..

Zurin said...

Congrats to adri!! very well done indeed!!!

Faida said...

Tano,
result kau 2X5 dengan Adri ker? atau dengan result aku? Kalau sama dengan Adri, pada zaman kita dulu, ui! na geng, bagus betul bah tu.

A.Ihsan, thanks for the encouraging advice. Comment from all of you made feel much much better.but too late, I'v scolded him Hahaha..

Aunty, Thanks for the encouragement. My only regret is, he did not get an A in his favorite subject.(Science)

Yew Ang said...

Hi Faida,
You should be happy with Adri's result.
You know what my brother have for this Form 4's result?

F9 for 6 subjects.
Math is only 12 marks.

As long as you are there to guide him to continue to study, no worry. :)

faida said...

Law,
Wah! your bro must be having a total relaxing year. I'm sure he will work double hard by next year. I think I know, this must be the manja ones, the youngest.

Mazlyn Mustapha said...

Hi, its been so many years now. May I know how your son is doing as my son obtained similar results. Thanks.