Sunday, November 1, 2009

Weekend Talent- Mom vs daughter


Decided to break my hoarding habit, I asked my maid to sack all untouched items in the house, including my clothing, kept with reason 'in-case I fit into them again someday'. Refused to see the content, I sent the sacks to the re-cycle place. My first ever contribution to the re-cycle box.Felt proud.

Nadia is nervous over her coming exam(SPM). She is aiming for all A's, including Art, which she is not attending classes and got only C during trial. To build her confidence, I decided, get her taught by her Uncle Wan, the Interior Designer.

She came back and did the fruits paintings. Me too, felt like recalling back the color mixture skill which I've almost forgotten. So, I bought coloring material for me and did painting on the greens and clay moulding, while waiting for Nadia from her informal art class. The result, they look much better in the picture. At least they kept my schedule busy over the weekend, while the maid was on leave and Adri went on camping.

I wonder how would it be when both my kids have gone for college or have their own family... hello loneliness...

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow kak faida, so amaze with your drawing. Hidden talent tu!. Should pratice more dont waste it. mana tau nanti boleh lukis Portrait pulak.

Anonymous said...

kak faida, that was from me-TTY

Faida said...

T,As I wrote, they look good on the picture only. Jangan tengok yang real one.Malu. Buah2an tu Nadia yang lukis. She learned coloring from Wan. improved a lot jugak la for a 2 hours course.

Zurin said...

wah...nice Faida! where is this class?

Faida said...

LOL! there is no class aunty. Nadia sent to her uncle's learned how to color. When she came back we both did the paintings. She did the fruits and I did the greens and the clay roses. Just for fun.

Anonymous said...

GOOD JOB NADIA-AUNTY TUTY

Ihsan Ahmad Mokhtar said...

That was one beautiful painting..Uncle Ihsan can ensure u will score A fr that.GuD Luck

Faida said...

Ameen.. On behalf of Nadia, and I will extend your encouragement to her: "Thanks Uncle Ishan"

Anonymous said...

Hi Faida, just wanted to say thanks for intriducing me to your blog. I really enjoy reading about and seeing you and family. Thanks also for the gift of your art work, very nice. Your neighbor, Rick

Faida said...

Rick, you're welcome. Thanks for visiting my blog. Have a safe journey to Kentucky.I want to see you back to Malaysia sooner than your plan.