Monday, November 16, 2009

Thank you God

It was time to pay credit cards. At 9:40pm, just an hour after my dinner, which was half hour upon reaching home from work, I drove to the bank about 7km from my house. That's considered 'close' to KL standard and 9:40pm is still very early to life in this city. I couldn't find a parking, so pretended as one, I parked at a special lot for Gold Member.
The place is called Metropolitan Square. I noticed a long queue to each Citibank cash machine.
"They have so much money", I thought.
Reluctantly, I let the machine gripped my money and GONE! split seconds. Ouch! but I felt the relief of settling part of my debts. City life and credit card are first cousins.
Upon walking out of the bank with pain in the heart, I decided to take a sip at an affordable place, the Indian restaurant, next door. In Malaysia, any Indian restaurant is called 'mamak restaurant'. The 'mamak restaurant' was quite empty, but not the club , 2 doors away. The music at the club was loud, but entertaining with substance of laughter from those people. They probably regulars.
"These people have so much money", I thought.
I observed the area around me. Those high rise buildings located in a higher rank area called Damansara Perdana, are almost 100% occupied. 'Perdana' means prime. Just by the name of the area, you could tell the level of its standard. I wondered where those many people got so much money to afford them. How I wish......
At almost 10:15pm, I was on my way back. I noticed expensive cars were driven every where. I passed by The Curve, one of the classy shopping area, where you will find everything you need, but quite on a high price. It was closing hour and many people were walking out carrying shopping bags.
"These people have so much money", I thought again.
While driving, I received a text message (sms) from a rich friend of mine, complaining about her agony.
I knew her and her husband since they were not as rich. Now that they both driving expensive cars, holding a few properties, live in a huge bungalow complete with pool (my kids' dream house) and the youngest of their 6 children is reaching teens, her hubby found himself another bed mate. The most hurting part was, she learned about the shocking news when her step child was already few months old. She has my sympathy, but there is nothing much I could do. My poor friend.
I reached my small terrace home, appreciating my simple life, blessed with a loving and caring husband and my beautiful children.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Be thankful for what you have, you'll end up having more. If you concentrate on what you dont have, you will never, ever have enough.- I always keep this in mind, life is too short to be chasing after things that is beyond your reach. So sad to hear your friend punya story, well it is very true - money cant buy hapiness-2T

Faida said...

T, what u said is very true. Life is too short to be chasing after what beyond our reach. and money cant buy happiness.
Kesian my fren tu...they both worked hard for the money together.

tano kemalak said...

apa aku mau tulis hah? topik ni panas ni he he

Faida said...

Tano,
ha.. tau pun. Orang lelaki kalau topik2 macam ni, naik panas telinga.Anyway, I know you are a good husband, kannn.....