Friday, April 23, 2010

Applying Visa to Pakistan

I am required to go to Karachi, Lahore and Islamabad in May. Business trip. To avoid delay and abiding the Visa application procedure, I banked in the required RM50 check to Affin bank in Raja Chulan and got the receipt, yesterday. Off I went to the High Commissioner at Jalan Ampang, today. There is a bumpy car park area next to the building, beside Maya Hotel and not too far from Renaissance Hotel. I parked under an old tree, praying for no branch would land on my car.






Lucky for me as there were only 3 persons ahead of me.

My turn came. My bank receipt was not accepted because I didn't get a stamp of verification from the bank, on the receipt. Forget about the check, What the heck..

I walked about half a kilometer to the nearest Affin bank and paid another RM50 in cash just to get the pink payment slip with stamp, and walked back to the place. It was a good exercise. Now I know that I can bank in from any branch, not necessarily at Raja Chulan Branch as stated in the application form.

That was my first time walking around that area. The used to be the tallest building in the world, Petronas Twin Tower (KLCC) stood right on my sight throughout my walking. I noticed few beautiful old trees around the area and snap photos of them. I passed a few banks too. Besides Affin Bank, Public Bank and Al-Rajhi Bank are also available, located side by side.

The closest monorail station is 'Maharajalela' station.

While walking, A lady asked If I knew where British Council was. "I don't know", I answered.

The only British Council I know is near the National Mosque, which is not a walking distance. So she boarded a taxi.

Not even 20 steps ahead, I noticed British Council sign right on my left. When I turned back, she had gone with the taxi. Poor lady.

I reached the High Commissioner's office once again and the guy processed my application. Passport pickup counter is only open at 4:30-5:00pm. No point to wait, so I drove back to the office.

At 4pm I was already infront of the closed gate together with bunch of men. my friend and I were the only ladies. The gate opened at 4:30pm. The office got ambushed. I was hoping to get number 1 but didn't manage to squeeze myself among those tall and hairy guys.

How glad I was when the guard specifically call my friend and I to take the front queue. Being ladies, we were given a special treatment. This is what I like about Pakistanis. The respect for ladies is top.

Thank you sir!

Within 5 minutes, I got my passport. I am given a single entry. Pakistan, here I come.......

Should you need to apply Pakistan visa, these are the requirement:
1) Application form (husband name, father's name,
2 guarantor's name and address, 2 names and address of people in Pakistan)

2)Invitation letter from Pakistan

3)Photocopy of your passport

4) 2 passport photos

5)Bank receipt (must be stamped)

6)Employment verification letter

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

One Philathropist you are misleading the lady seeking the British coucil Ha!
Glad you and your family had a great time in Medan. Had i known I would aksed you to visit the Sungai Bohorok Resort area not far from Medan. It has a tragic history not too long ago in the form of the river wiping out almost all the population livingalong its banks! But a beautiful place none the less.
My mother was born in Medan and so my grandmother.
Thanks for still reading my blog, I am still teaching five days a week now so pretty busy but exciting. many things i failed tolearn about Art i am now forced to relearn along with the kids i teach. Meant to be maybe just so when i do start painting again it will have greater substance.
Take care and my regards to you and yours.
Salam
Bahari.

Faida said...

Thank you Sir.Glad to read your comment. Do continue painting. I enjoy them. Sungai Bohorok sounds interesting. Sad story though.I will google it.

So, part of you is also from Medan.That came out a surprise to me.I will be going to Medan again in mid june. Am looking forward for the trip.
Take care you too.

Ale Rossi said...

It’s really a great topic selected by you to discuss over here. Sometime it’s difficult to get approval on visa. Lot of people discuss such things online and try to find out solution for the same so sharing such things which relate to visa, can really help people.
Thanks & Regards,
Working Visa Australia