Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Nadia is driving

My daughter just got her driving license. The proud girl was so enthusiast about it. She is already talking about getting her father to buy a car for her. Wait..... girl... you think its like buying sweets?

She had been barking about wanting to drive, but his father, being the Mr. Worry, wouldn't let her touch the car. As usual he is full of "what ifs".

Last weekend, Mr.Worry went out of town. Nadia at last had a chance to drive. I let the excited girl drove to the shopping mall, The Curve, which is about 5 kilometers away. Cruising through the heavy traffic was her first driving experience in reality. I sat next to her, holding on to the handbrake, just in case. She drove 'OK'.

On the next day, she also drove to the nearest McD, without me. She came back happy. The McD staff missed out one order. No, Nadia didn't get angry. It was a blessing in disguise for her, as she had another chance to turn back, enjoying her driving, while I stayed at home praying to see my car, back in one piece. It did.

Mr.Worry reached home turning blue, knowing I took the risk to let his daughter drive. On the next day, he reluctantly at first, had no choice but to sit in the car pretended relaxed, while Nadia sat on the driver's seat with confidence. I am happy for her, but not happy seeing the sign of big 'P' pasted on my car screen. One need to learn how not to worry, else life will never improve. Happy Driving, girl..!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nadia, lets go for a JOY RIDE... w/out the father of course or he will freak out with all the aunty2!2T

Faida said...

Kalau berani boleh. Make sure you keep hold on the hand-break all the time.