Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Leisure at work : Sabah again

K@Borneo Portal launching on the 6th Apr 2010
Again, another trip to The Land Below The Wind. Sabah, my favorite place.
I checked in on time at KLIA. SHOCK ! I was told that the flight is making a stop at Labuan. AGAIN?!@%^&$#!! Dejavu.
It was a windy Sunday. I could feel the turbulence . The flight landing wasn't smooth either. Thank God, I arrived safely.
A millionaire friend, Datuk Hamidah, sent her driver to fetch me from the airport. Nice to have a rich and caring friend. The secret is, 'be nice to others and do not take advantage' in order for the friendship to be valued and remembered.
Later in the evening, she took me out for a Sushi, with her children, before sending me to my brother's. My parents and bro Jerry , also my nephew Hamiz (EB's son) happened to be around, They arrived from Lahad Datu a day before, by car. Lahad Datu to Kota Kinabalu take about 8 hours drive. Its a long but having beautiful view of Mount Kinabalu.
The same friend invited us all for dinner at the Marina, with a wide view of the ocean.

She offered to send me back. My parents and the 2 guys left after dinner. Before leaving, Jerry and Hamiz took a snap of their dream car, Hummer, which owned by the rich lady. Boys will be boys.

As I could not say no to her offer, my night continued at the Blue Lagoon lounge. I just sat there and watched those elderly ladies swung to their salsa and waltz. I enjoyed the Latin music.

I thought the night would be over then, but no, she had to drag me to listen to her singing on karaoke. No comment. There went my beauty sleep.

I reached home at almost 2am. I had to wake up early on the next day, as my trip there was to attend the launching of The K@Borneo portal. It was launched by the Chief Minister Datuk Musa Aman, attended by Tan Sris and Datuks and many representatives form other parts of Borneo island.

Launching is a launching, I just needed to be there as a guest, listened to the speeches, (could not wait for them to end) and clapped my hand at the end of the speech. Long lingered speech is never been my favorite, but I would give it an applause anyway, which actually to celebrate the ending.

Lunch at last !! The VIP lunch was on the 18thFloor of Yayasan Sabah building. Little I knew that a revolving restaurant exists there. Sitting among those VVIPs at lunch didn't deter me from enjoying the wonderful view and the dishes. "I don't have to have title in order eat", I thought. So I enjoyed my lunch and had fun to their jokes. The secret is 'be yourself'.

I had to leave early, to catch my 3:20pm flight. It was delayed for half hour. Not too bad. At least I got an extra half hour to enjoy more food at the Golden Lounge. I got to know some people there too.

All and all, it was a good trip.

No comments: