Saturday, April 24, 2010

My friend's husband

Judy has a lot to say about her husband. He is a lazy bump. He has his own opinion which most of the time opposing hers. He doesn't pay for the households expenses. He always complain about not having money, but could afford spending for himself. He doesn't wear decent outfit just because he is in a construction business. All he knows is giving instruction.

He orders the maid around, that she could not even make the maid does thing for her. His time at home are mostly spent on the computer, forwarding emails, Facebook'ing, etc,etc,etc. He would invite others even if it was only meant for her family dinner. He always call others to join his family outing too. He is this..he is that....

The word 'stupid' often comes out of hers every time when she talks about him. Sometimes, listening to her story giving me and urge to offer my slap on her husband. But then, I was just listening from one party.

Sometimes, I wonder if they actually still share the same bed. It was just too personal to ask, and I've trained my mind not to be tortured by other's family problem, although I didn't mind lending my ears and shoulder. I also understand that an anger could turn sweetness to sourish. Anger could lead to other dissatisfaction.

Problem will not be solved by fulfilling the satisfaction, but by identifying the root that causing the anger and finding the solution to the root problem. I didn't only listen. I also read between the lines.

I could gather, that her husband is a good man. He brings her mother to the market. He always volunteer to take her parents out for outings. He is loyal to her. I'm sure there are many more goodwills he is contributing, that she could not catch, due to her irritation. What I didn't ask her is that, how would she feel if he dies?. That's the same question I would ask myself whenever I come to the grouchiness state towards my husband. That helps to turn me into loving and appreciating my husband more. InsyaAllah (God's willing)

4 comments:

tano kemalak said...

amin...

Faida said...

Tano Kemalak,
Yang jahat kita jadikan tauladan, yang baik kita jadikan pedoman. Sikit punya baek kawan macam I ni. kasi konsultasi gratis.

Anonymous said...

so any cerita/cerpen about this family? Your story about the boy kena abuse still pending!2T

Faida said...

Production slow on the cerpen. Difficult to write in Malay when we are thinking in English. But, its commimg soon. Stay tuned.