Thursday, June 3, 2010

Growing Up Bin Laden-by Jean Sasson

I’ve finished reading the book ‘Growing Up Bin Laden’. For the past few days I’ve been thinking about him. Where could he be? What happen to his children? Is he still alive? How old is Bakr now? Is he still alive?

Bakr is one of his son who was crying hard longing for his mother to take him with her, when she left Afghanistan, where she had been living with her husband and her husband’s 2 other wives and their children, around the Al-Qaeda fighters, without electricity, without proper water and drainage system, in a hole of a mountain, in the middle of no where in Afghanistan.
LahoreTrip11-12May2010 004LahoreTrip11-12May2010 007 LahoreTrip11-12May2010 045
I am talking about Osama. This book tells his life from ‘Hero’ to ‘Zero’. His blue-eye-boy, Omar, his 4th son from the 1st wife could not agree to his father’s ‘Jihad’ stand, thinking that fighting in the name of religion, but killing civilians are not the way he wants to be. He decided to leave the mountain, where all his 16 siblings from 1 mother and 2 step-moms have been hiding themselves to Osama’s order.

To his surprise, his father allowed him to take his mother back to her country, Syria, but sad that for he was not allowed to take his other siblings with them, except his youngest baby sister and a toddler sister, leaving the rest to stand still and said their last good bye on the day they were leaving, while his 7 years old brother, Bakr, was screaming like hell, wanted to follow him.

Jean Sasson convinced me as if I was there, living in the desert mountain with them, living in a dangerous life every day and night, cloaking in a veil and long black gown, no where to go, not enough food to feed myself and the children. I felt helpless being dominated by man of my life, away from my parents and relative.

I am suffocating.

8 comments:

Jean Sasson said...

Hi Faida, This is Jean Sasson, the author of GROWING UP BIN LADEN. I appreciate your comments -- and, loved your "from Hero to Zero" as that about sums it up for Osama... You will be happy to know that Bakr (Ladin) has recently been reunited with his mother, as has Iman. We are over the moon with joy about this. The children have been living in Iran of all things -- something unexpected as most people thought (as did I) that Najwa's left behind children plus the other two wives and kids would be living in Pakistan. All but one wife and children made it into Iran where they have lived since 2001... I thought you would want to know. Thanks, again... Jean

Faida said...

OMG!!!! I couldnt believe it. Jean Sasson, you wrote to me..??? for real???OMG.!!OMG!!! Tell me Im not dreaming.
Thank you so much for making my day.I really needed those information. You just made one lucky person happier Jean.

omar and zaina binladin said...

hi faida, we are really happy that you enjoyed the book, jean is a wonderful, lady with a heart of gold and an amazing writer, we thank her from the depths of our hearts for all the hard work she put into writing the book, best wishes omar and zaina

Faida said...

My goodness..!Omar, I am overwhelmed looking at my blog finding your comment. You're .The Omar' that I read and worried about. I am so proud of you and Alhamdulillah you made a good step. I was also over the moon with joy when I got further info from Jean thru this blog, about you, your mom and your siblings. You're right, Jean is a lady with a heart of gold and an amazing writer.
May Allah be with you and your family, always.Amen...

tano kemalak said...

wow!!! what else to say my fren. and may Allah protect them. Amin...

Faida said...

Tano Kemalak,
I know.Apa lagi aku..Terkejut beruk.
Amin to your prayers.

WanRizEvoIX said...

.. oh oh.. then pls allow me to tekezut kura-kura... sebab baru baca n lambat tahu..!.. hehe... good for u Sis.. !

Faida said...

WanRizEvolX, mak oi...! susahnya sebut nama tu. Tekezul kura-kura? hmm..that a new term I've just learned from you.
Thanks for dropping by my blog.