Saturday, January 29, 2011

At Adri’s 14th Birthday

270120111075 270120111076   270120111080 May Allah bless you and grants you with successful life my son. You know how much I love you.

My only son has grown up. At this 14 years of age, he doesn't want to be seen hugged or kissed by his mother. I felt rejected sometime, but I’m not hurt. I do understand that a boy his age, has pride too. The most important is I could feel his love towards me. He is a loving son at home. Like his sister, he made us proud of him many times. I hope this will continue……..

27th January 2011 was his 1st birthday celebrated without his sister, Nadia. She could not leave her boarding school, abiding the college’s policy. My hubby, Adri and I , made  three additional patrons at our favorite steak house Victoria Station, Damansara.

Our friendly waiter, Ema, as usual  happily led us to our reserved table, upon our arrival.

After dinner, Ema sang Birthday song for Adri, as loud as he/she could, piercing through my ear drum. We had been hearing his/her voice singing on every birthday of ours. That tells how regular we are at the place. We like him/her although we could not identify his/her gender.

I’ve been thinking…I only have 2 children. In the next few years, when its time for Adri to go to college, the house will be empty. I wonder who would take care of me and my husband when we are old. Will they?Even if they would, would their spouses agree? or shall I start my saving for the old folks home expenses by now? (Perhaps my mother had the same thoughts.)

Happy Birthday my son!

2 comments:

ammeda said...

urmm...jgn pikir yg bukan bukan bah...doa jaa yg terbaik utk kita dimasa tua nanti...aku pon nda ramai anak..3org jaa..semua girl..20,18,16...kalau udah tua..kami plan mau balik kk..tinggal di kampung...berdekatan semua sedara mara..nda lah rasa lonely...faida nda mau balik LD ? sana kan ramai famili...

Faida said...

Amie,
Ada juga intention mau balik LD. Tengok lah dulu kalau sudah retire. Hopefully boleh mampu buat bio-house atas bukit. Am thinking of learning how to Live with nature and basic.