Thursday, January 20, 2011

err…hello…hi…emm…hola..salam..uhhh..who are you..?

I'm invited to join  a gathering of ex-Indiana State University students, via Facebook. I went through the list of invitees. Those names are not familiar to me, except one, Ezzah Aziz Fauzy. If you are as old ad I am or within 10 years younger, you might have seen her on TV, broadcasting news on TV3.

What would I do? What would talk about? Who to talk to? What to wear?….. oh forget it. Im not going. I decided.

I sent a private FB message to the ones who invited me (Al-Lil). The message sounded something like….

“sorry, I dont know anyone. I wouldn't feel comfortable being among you. I will come to the next gathering”

He replied, saying that he could not accept my reason. Re-think…re-think…and re-think…

“Why not? I should go. Be who I am. Meet new friends. Test PR skills. Check on the food at that cafe where we are meeting”. I had a 2nd thought. Next I logged into FB and clicked on the ‘Maybe’ button.

FB

Now my profile is transferred to ‘May be attending’ list.

Ok 2 more days for me to decide whether or not to click on the ‘Im attending’ button.

If my grandma is still alive and read this post, I wonder if she understands what Im talking about.

See what technology does to us………..

2 comments:

allil said...

Faida dear.. i want to meet you and reminisce the good old time.. i think we have met, but not sure whether we met locally or during college time.

Faida said...

Yes Sir alil,
I want to meet you too. I've just clicked on the 'I'm attending' button. We've met? U think so? OK lets see.