Saturday, January 22, 2011

What my kids know about Folklores of my time

Nadia was about 9 years old then. She showed me her exam paper. It was Bahasa Malaysia.

One look at the picture I immediately knew the story. I’ve read about the folks tale ever since I was a little girl. It was such popular that in fact, everyone knew that story or expected to know it.

In the picture, there was and old man. A mother hen was shown laying a golden egg. The pupils were expected to create short story about it.

This was Nadia’s answer:

Ini Pak Ali. Telor Pak Ali berkilat-kilat.(This is Pak Ali. Pak Ali’s egg is shining)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

now i know where akif get all those crazy ideas during BM:
1. emak saya mengelapkan duit di bank.
2. abang saya melanjutkan pelajaran di penjara sungai buloh.
but with all that mistakes and he can grow up to be as kind, loving & clever as NADIA.....why NOT! littlesisD

Faida said...

littltsisD,
LOL! that tells he is creative. Cikgu suruh bina ayat seriously, so he bina ayat yang serious lah. The ayats are still grammatically correct.Only not-smart teacher would say they are wrong.

I mean.. how to say say telor pak Ali tak berkilat, after refering to the picture?