Friday, January 14, 2011

I’m RM38 poorer

This morning, I was heading towards my favorite cafe for my regular brew. A young guy approached me with brochures in hand, picturing kidney and dialysis machine, among other stuff. Before he finishes his persuasive statements, he had gotten  my hand signal of ‘no’. He stopped talking and said ‘Thank you, ma’am’. I felt guilty (a bit).

15012011971

While standing in line, paying for my coffee, I thought of those kidney patients who suffer in term of health and financial. The dialysis machine is as expensive as buying a house. Those sufferers no matter what, need it to prolong their lives. I imagine how would it be if I were one of the needy who could not afford to pay for the procedure, at the same time, I wouldn't want to suffer to death.

“FIVE RINGGIT TWENTY CENT !! “

The voice of the cashier awakened me. I paid my coffee and walked out.

Again, I had to pass by the same kiosk. The young man smiled at me, but didn't dare to make a 2nd attempt to approach me.

I sat at my regular place, sipped my coffee and was still with my thoughts about those kidney patients.

I maybe could have gotten His ‘Hidayah’( A calling from Allah), that I turned to the guy who was then standing not too far from my table and used hand signal, asking him to bring me the form. I signed up.

“What’s wrong with contributing only RM38(USD12)/month?”, I thought to myself.

15012011976

GIVING HOPE is what the NKF(National Kidney Foundation Malaysia) is all about and I want to be one of their hope-givers.

With  only about RM1.25(USD 40cents) a day, we could safe hundreds of lives. Plus, I’ve just made the young man happier for getting his 1st contributor of the day.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

dear sis, first of all you have a good heart, at whatever age, i am glad that you found the strength to maintain it as ALLAH will guide us when we are ready....(I WILL LEARN FROM YOU) second of all please change your subject matter from 'I am RM38 porrer' as you will be blessed with much more than that in different ways.... ha ha ha dont forget us!

Thirdly, thank you from akif to uncleess kaknadia abang adri and auntiefaida for the lovely birthday present as he cant wipe off the smile on his face(usually monday blues)when he saw the gift on his bed....littlesisD

Faida said...

My dear littlesisD,
Thank U. That was very encouraging statement of you. Anyway, everyone could have had the same thoughts when looking at that brochures, including you, sis.
You mean pourer? like tea lady?

For Akif, its our pleasure. I wished I saw that happy face of him.

Anonymous said...

littlesisD, u are rigt. Our sister is very kind at heart, so what say u we set up a fund for both of us and make her contribute.....or you can always treat us with your juicy grill lamb. Actually our last gathering since too much food i dont really get to enjoy the lamb! Got what i mean.2T

Faida said...

Dear sisters,
Ok, I will contribute list of chores that you could choose to do at my house. I dont mind a helping hands since I dont have a helper now.
And marinated lamb cutlets are ready for you to grill. They are in my freezer. Just tell me when are you coming to grill them. Im hungry.

Anonymous said...

since thaipusam's got something to do with cucuk cucuk so why not we be one malaysia one family and cucuk the lamb on the grill for you and help EAT. sudah lama you TAK MASAK for you maybe you lave lost your talent why not polish it with US yang hungry all the time you can 'TRUST' we will have 'FUN-D'...littlesisD

Faida said...

littlesisD,
With such a long justification I have got no reason to resist. OK that plan is taken into consideration.
Just wondering... werent u suppose to be a lawyer?