Monday, March 22, 2010

A Housewife-Salute..!

I work 5 days a week from 8:30am to 5:30pm. Most of the time I will only reach home before Maghrib (late evening prayer). By the time I am done with my dinner, it was almost bed time, but I still have a chance to rest and watch TV or go out for a tea or supper, before my beauty sleep. Weekend is the D' time that I always looked forward. That's my rest day and its a precious moment where I could spend time with my family, doing grocery and cooking. Good God I have a maid to take care of the house cleaning and laundry. I have a choice to go on-leave and by end of the month, I still receive my salary. I can do many things with my own money and nobody tells me what or not to buy. Its up to my own conscience. Nobody would claim the money back from me if I don't do house work or if I don't cook. Nobody tells me off should I choose to contribute my money to whoever I want, on my own will. I am meeting people and colleagues everyday. We compare notes, laugh, eat, discuss and share our problems (if any).Even if my hubby forget my birthday, there would be others who remember. I cant imagine how would it be being a housewife. I salute them. I am putting my highest respect to housewives. Sorry to my hubby, as I don't have that patience nor passion to be one. A house wife works 24hr X 7. Even if she is asleep, she would be on standby and could be awaken by demands. A housewife could not take leave. A housewife is not on a monthly payroll. Whatever money passed to her is for the households and might be claimed, should there an argument or a fight triggers between her and her husband. A housewife does everything from sacrificing her body shape on pregnancy and giving birth, cooking, cleaning, shaping the children up, taking care of her hubby's needs, preparing and sending the kids to school, getting the scoldings, doing laundry, grocery. Those are just among the lists. At home, she has nobody to share idea with. Her birthday is not often remembered by him. All the hard work she had done is not often appreciated as those are considered HER OBLIGATION. All the $$$ contributed by her parents on her education, and her time spent attending her school days were dumped to her domestic affair. Isn't that to be honored? Thanks to the technology that allows some of them to connect with the outside world through internet. Dear man, aren't you lucky enough? I feel sorry for those men who do not appreciate. To those gentlemen who appreciate( I know some of them), I salute you too..!, and God bless you. To me, Housewife is the highest ranking of women profession. Salute...!

No comments: