Monday, March 1, 2010

Forced Vacation

I've been grumbling for a vacation. I got it at last, just to stop me from grumbling. It was just a night stay, but it helps to keep me zipped up for a while. Last Friday we left to Cameron Highland, as my kids was looking forward for a cool place for a change. Along the way, I took a few pictures of the green scenery, the 'Kampung orang asli' ( Malaysian aborigines) and their many stalls selling plants, vegetables and bottled honey, which they claimed gotten from the jungle. The jungle view was superb. I love the trees and the mountains and the cool breeze. On the way up we stopped by Lata Iskandar water fall. My kids love the place. They couldn't get enough with a single photograph, while I was busy buying, adding more to my collection of canes. The cane is made of jungle beetle nut tree trunk (according to the lady). Collecting canes? Yes, I do wierdos. Further up, we stopped by for tea at the plantation itself. We had tea and English scones. The tea was umph..! and the scone was excellent ! We put the night at The Heritage Hotel, which is among the well-known hotel. It was Ok, clean and neat, minus the mess done by my kids. We were lucky to get the new wing. It was newly furnished and having wonderful view. I spent a few minutes looking out of my room balcony. On a notebook made of pulp, which I bought along the way, and using the hotel complimentary pen, I sketched the wonderful picture of God's creation infront of me. The sketch was horrible, but the actual view was great. I wished we could stay longer. Before leaving on the next day, we stopped by the vegetable market. Cameron Highland is a paradise for a veggies lover like me. The flowers reminded me of my mom and nenek. Flowers turn them crazy. I bought some flowers for myself. We also bought the heavenly sweet corn, honey with bee hive bottled in and the bee polen. We witness a skidded lorry at one of the cornering, but it was a great journey after all. Waking up on Sunday with the normal KL heat, we were invited to join a breakfast gathering with sister and brother inlaws. Thanks to Diana for the treat. Gathering is always fun with them. (I was too busy eating. No picture taken) 6 hours later on that very Sunday, I was on my way to the airport. I got to conduct a 2 days session to the managements of University Malaysia Sabah Library. Now(while working of this post), at 2am, I am still on my computer to fill up my time. Despite having to travel often, I still have problem sleeping in a strange room. Promenade hotel is were I am. Not that the hotel is great, but I am used to this place, where many staff know me and everything is within reach. 2 days away from my family is a long day, but cruising 4km drive from the city along Teluk Likas, all the way to the university is eye-soothing.

No comments: