Wednesday, February 16, 2011

The Prophet Muhammad’s birthday

Today is a holiday for us in Malaysia. I decided to stay put in the house.

A little history about The Prophet Muhammad, The Prophet was born in Mekkah on the 12th of the Rabu-ul Awwal (24 April 571 A.D). He was brought up by his grandfather Abdul Muttalib, as his father died before he was born. When His grand father died, His uncle Abu talib took care of him.

The Muslims often use the Arabic word ‘Maulidur-Rasool’ to call this special day.

During this Maulidur-Rasool day, we stayed home without any activities other than cleaning up the house. I did my cooking. Its been a while. My hubby cleaned up the fridge and did vacuuming for the first time in his many years, while my son slept his tiresome through.

Adri just came back from his training. His school selected him as one of the sport participants to be sent to Petaling Jaya Stadium soon. He chose 100metres Hurdle run. That was my event too during the good old days.

How I wished the holiday could have been more than a day. (yawn)..

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

u were running or u were one of the hurdles???

Faida said...

HELLOoooooo... excuse me.. I was a runner representing my school okayyy..... thank you

Anonymous said...

so it was me lah jadi the hurdles then hehehehe...aku baling cakera pun asyk dis-kuali-fied...fedap betul

Faida said...

Mr. fedap betul,
you cannot be the hurdles, tinggi sangat tu.. hehe...