Thursday, February 4, 2010

Nadia's first job

While waiting for her result, Nadia, my beloved daughter, decided to look for a job, joining her friends. I rejected one that offered to her, although I shouldn't have. Then she found another job at Kenny Roger's restaurant getting salary equivalent to our maid's. Ha..ha..ha.. But that's ok, I guess. All she needs is the experience. She would value money better, this way. She got to wear a uniform, which cost me half of her pay (the burden goes to the mother). We stopped by the restaurant on Tuesday, her first day of work. My little girl. I saw her serving food to the customers and taking orders. It was a mix-feeling for me. Sad to see her on the job and the same time happy for her getting the experience climbing up the ladder of adulthood. I never had that experience myself. I'm proud of her. At home, I advised her to stay calm even if she get a scolding form her customer. Smile and say sorry, then compensate with better service. That's life my girl....Customer is always right. Yeeeaah...right.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is a good exposure & experience for her. She is always the benchmark for Danial. I always tell danial, look at kak nadia, rajin belajar and blah blah.... than only he will listen. Well Aunty is very proud of you nadia!

Faida said...

T, yes, its a good exposure for her. I will let her know your higly regard on her.Thanks on behalf.Hope that would give her more challenge to maintain her good rapport.Danial is all along a good boy. Nothing to worry.

tano kemalak said...

yup good exposure...tell her uncle dzul pun kerja kat restoran thai kat bangsar lepas spm, now....(perasan hehehe)

Faida said...

Ksiannya... uncle dzul... so, when are you going to invite Nadia's mother to your special tomyam's day?

Anonymous said...

very useful post. I would love to follow you on twitter. By the way, did you hear that some chinese hacker had busted twitter yesterday again.

fayda said...

Congrats for having a responsible and smart daughter..way to go Nadia im proud of you..

Faida said...

Kak Idang,
I will get her to read your encouraging comment. thanks.

Zurin said...

nik and zad kerja kat coffe bean n star bucks resapectively....very very good experrence..its hard work standing for 8 hours straight..they were not allowed to sit even if there were no customers....the experience esp brought zad out of his shyness and he valued it a lot...nik pula was offered a promotion to supervisor just after 3 months! lolol ..now htey know what life is ..good for Nadia!! shell appreciate the experience. ^^

Faida said...

Aunty Zurin, its always fun to read your comment, as you also share story of yours. I like that.
Wah, I wished I knew which cafe they were working then.
Must have been a great exposure to Zad.
Nik must be a good employee. Im sure with such character, he has no problem aiming success in his business life. I hope to meet them soon.