Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Gopeng? What is there?

After a long journey from Islamabad, via Bangkok, continued with the Arabian night, I ended in Gopeng, Perak on the very next morning, Sunday. That was my first visit to my loving daughter, Nadia, since her enrolment to the boarding school at Perak Matix College (Kolej Matrikulasi Perak).







Its is about 2 hours drive from my place. Driving up north without GPS, we exited the right junction towards Gopeng, referring to the map given. It was as if going into Oil Palm Plantation. Once or twice we had to stop, allowing a herd of cows crossing the road. Along the way I was wondering how the school would be and of course in my mind ,"poor Nadia. Can she adapt to this environment?".
























We drove further in, about 30 minutes from the North-South Highway. At Last, we saw decent buildings on our right. I read the sign board. Phew..!! that was it. The college is looking good with a beautiful scenery. I couldn't say more. I took lots and lots of photographs.

















Men visitors are not allowed in to the hostel, so I went in. 4 persons in a room. The washrooms are many and they are quite OK, although Nadia was a bit.... (you know what I mean). Well.. what do you expect, girl. You've got to learn how to share.

















It was a relief to see Nadia found new friends and is getting herself into the new life. I cooked early morning and brought her my Bryani rice. She enjoyed her mama's cooking. The college has 7 cafeterias, but they are serving the same food. I tasted the food and I don't blame Nadia for complaining. It was TASTELESS. I hope the college will do something with this matter.



After lunch, we walked around the area. The library is very nice, the field is wide and the view, excellent!. They have a big mosque, clinic, student lecture hall is big and all air conditioned. All the buildings are within walking distance. No transportation required. Therefore, Nadia's car is now resting at home.







Then, we decided to drive outside of the college compound. The scenery is excellent. We drove further and further into the villages. We saw a sign 'MY GOPENG RESORT'. Hemmm.... sounds interesting... lets check it out. We drove following the sign deeper into the jungle-alike, passing a few durian trees. The road was getting narrower and narrower.












"Where is the resort", I wondered, until I saw another sign 'My Gopeng Resot, 5 km'. Were had gone through about 5km, now another 5km to go. Sigh... we were almost exhausted.

"Fine, lets go for it". We continued our journey.
















At last, WOW! WOW ! WOW ! Look what we discovered..
This must be a paradise to the eco-tourists. We passed by a 4WD with a sign 'Fear Factor' on it. also we notice 2 stores selling equipments for white water rafting and rock climbing.
















At the end of the adventure, we stopped by a stall selling 'Cendol' to quench our thirst at the so-called town area.















4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nadia, give it 3 months girl and you will be fine and will miss it when its over... priceless experience! Mama Nadia, there goes the CAFE manager....he better give 3 months notice!!!
Where is the resort PHOTO? We want to go holiday and visit Nadia.
littlesisD

Faida said...

littlesisD,
See those small huts? those are the resort. it just a place for sleep. I dont think we can even walk around in the hut. Just good enough to lie down.
Hello sister... its not a place for non-adventurous people like us la..we need bathroom attached.

Anonymous said...

Agree, agree. I need to bring my Shelltox if we were to stay there.
To Nadia- take good care of yourself, believe me you will enjoy college life.2T

Faida said...

Hayya...! you and your shelltox