Monday, May 10, 2010

Pakistan, here I come

Writing this post while waiting for my flight to Karachi, at 12:35noon. Do you know that having a Platinum card, allows you to enter the Plaza Premium Lounge at Terminal C, KLIA? FREE FOOD..! FREE INTERNET..! FREE MASSAGING CHAIR..!
On the way to the airport, I've called my mom-inlaw and my mom to say good bye. Shed a bit of tears too. I'm a bit emotional not because I am going away, but because my loving daughter Nadia is also on her way to the boarding school, while her mother could not send her off. She decided to enter Matrix College and take Pure Science, allowing her to pursue her medical school (may be). Bye girl, remember I am always with you. In your heart. Pray for me to come back in one piece. I reached Karachi in 5hr 45 minutes by MAS direct flight. My first impression was 'desert town'.
At Karachi immigration, my partner and I went directly to the counter especially for women and children. BUT, it was not attended. We made a little fuss to an immigration officer. He directed us to a counter and got us to stay infront, overtook hundred of people. Pretended not guilty we did, as asked. Off we went without looking back. We then had to go through security gate attended by such a friendly and welcoming guards.
Next we were on our way to gate 16 where our flight to Lahore was 3 hours away. We bought some Pakistan sweets and books. That costed me RP140 + RP385, then another RP145 spent on chicken pie and 7UP right before boarding the flight. The flight to Lahore took 1hr 45 minutes. At 7pm we were ready seated and buckled up. I was happy to hear the announcement that we were landing. Minutes later we experienced bad turbulence then another announcement aired "due to storm in Lahore, we are diverting back to Karachi" GRRREATT.....$%%#$^^%$#!!!!! "What come may", I thought. I didn't want to worry. Instead, I put on the earplug and listened to local music.
Browsing through the list of services listed on the small screen infront of me, I noticed that passengers are allowed to send email of send sms using the in flight facility provided. I tried sending email. It asked for credit card number. Nope! exit. Then I took out the book written by my favorite writer, Jean Sasson.
The book titled Growing Up Bin Laden. Very interesting book. "Tuty ( my sis-inlaw) might like this too", I thought. My eyes got stressed up as it was already passed mid night( Malaysian time). I closed my eyes for a few minutes then pulled out my 'lil note book and wrote about what happened. We were back to Karachi 1hr 30min later. The captain informed that flight need refueling and all passengers were allowed to disembark. We were to fly for the 2nd time to Lahore in an hour.
I didn't join the crowd, instead continued my reading in the aircraft.
Once a while I irritated the cute little girl seated not too far from me. When she felt asleep I turned back to my reading.The elderly man asked where I was from. Then we started friendly conversation. Here and there I heard people coughed and sneezed. That worried me, the fact that H1N1 is still spreading like nobody's business. To cut the story short, we at last landed in Lahore safely at 1:30am(4:30am). The airport was crowded by families welcoming their relatives coming back from the holy City of Mecca from 'Umrah', showering them with flower petals. Interesting event.
My head was heavy then.
My luggage has to be the last one to come out. It was cut broken and the plastic wrap was unwrapped. I figured, the custom officer forced open and checked. Anyway, nothing lost and the bag, although new, its a cheap bag. I rather reach the hotel early than spending another hour or so to make a complain. Forget it. Off we went following the hotel driver, to the van. We reached Avari Hotel at 3am. To continue.....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Growing Up Bin Lade- sounds interesting . OK , pinjam when u finish reading it. Intersting country to visit, by the look from all the photos that you take, but surely not for our Ladies Trip!Kalau free trip ok, he he .-2T

Faida said...

T,Actually, Pakistan is a good place for lady, although I wouldnt want to do that. The respect for woman is very high that you will feel much secured.

I started reading about 20 pages of the book. Now trying to find time to continue. Will surely pass to you.