Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Last day in Pakistan-Islamabad

I skip my Karachi event, as it was more or less the same. Meeting meeting and meeting. Then to airport. No shopping, no lunch, no dinner. The flight to Islamabad was a 7pm. The driver took us to the airport at 5:30pm.
We reached Islamabad at around 9:30pm. The airport was also crowded. The states is peacefull. Security check is everywhere at every corner. Its was so secure that I got irritated by many-many security stops that we had to abide.
The Serena Hotel where we put up that night is a grand 6-star hotel and full of handsome gentlemen with best hospitality. But my migraine was still on then, so I let my friend, Gina had her pleasant conversation with those friendly people.
Islamabad is a clean town. Huge buildings are seen standing grand along the main road. It remind me of PutraJaya.
We had 2 meetings at Islamabad but my camera battery decided to run out that I could not snap photos of all of them. They were pleasant meeting. The people in Pakistan are friendly and helpful. A lady offered to bring us shopping, but too bad, we could not make it, as we had to rush for another meeting in another state, Rawalpindi, the twin city if Islamabad. It is about 45 minutes drive away.
I enjoyed the scenery along the way to/from Rawalpindi. I took many pictures of the public transportation. They are similar to jeepney in Philippines.

At last, it was time to leave for the airport. But wait! I haven't got a chance to shop. My father-inlaw wanted a Bryani spice and I wanted a dress to wear to a wedding which I was supposed to attend on the day I arrive in KL.

So, we did a quick stop at one store. I got my Punjab costume and nearby, we found a store where curry was available, but limited. I bought 2 small boxes of Bryani curry. That was all. We had to rush to the airport. Where again security checks was at every corner. We had to pass through 5 security checks to get into the boarding area. I was so busy loading and unloading my bags that I didn't have a chance to snap any photos.

half an hour free time while waiting for our flight, I noticed a small store selling leather key chain. I bought a few as a souvenir to bring home.

Home sweet home..... After a 2hours transit in Bangkok, I arrived Kuala Lumpur International Airport at 12:30 noon on the following day. I only had 2 hours sleep. Migraine again....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kak Faida, welcome back. Phew....tired reading your hectic journey. BTW how is Nadia? Hope you have some news on Nadia to be put up in the blog ,miss her.-2T

Faida said...

T,
Hi, Im back! but no
kaki kambing for you. Nadia seems to be ok, trying to adapt to the environment. Anyway, she will be ok soon.

Joseph said...

Pakistan is a beautiful country which enhance thousands of attractions in it i suggest you to take flights to islamabad by which you can enjoy and explore the countless natural beauty of Pakistan.