Thursday, May 13, 2010

Pakistan: Day 2

My view of Lahore, my most favorable state in Pakistan.
I made a visit to Lahore University of Management & Science (LUMS), our first client in Pakistan. The Chief Librarian is such a good host that he insisted for us to stopby his house to meet up with the member of his family. We did. LUMS remind me of my University, Indiana State University, USA. Nostalgic place.
From LUMS, we directed to another customer of ours, Forman Christian College Library. The library is old and all the antique furnitures are still in place. I love those antiques she has. That was a very pleasant meeting we had. I found one of her staff also having the same name like mine. Faida, meet Faida. We had photograph together.
Then Dinner time at Salt & Pepper Restaurant. I enjoyed the music and the food, of course.
I took a risk to try the sweet 'Pann' , with beetlenut among the ingredient. I chewed and chewed following the locals, until it went tasteless, and time for it to be spitted out.
After a long day occupied with meetings, lunches and dinner, we flew back from Lahore to Karachi. I was having a BIG headache.
My client took us to a dinner. I ate too much of 'Mutton Paya' at dinner , last night. Its a stew of goat's legs, including the hooves. What yew??!! Thats my favorite and I've decided that I will not leave Lahore without eating it. I am now wondering what caused the bad migraine. Was it the 'Paya' or the cheese or the 'Briyani' or the Beef Nihari or because I ate too much?
My migraine was so bad that I almost puke in the van, on the way to the airport. All the passengers in the Van were so concern. One rushed searched for a plastic bag, one gave me antiacid pill, one let me used her 'magic bracelet' for nausea, one offered to take me to the airport clinic. "I'll be ok, thank you sir, you are very kind"
My vision was blur, cold sweat soaked my face. Thank God, I felt better about hour after taking the medicine.
Flight to Karachi was smooth, no delay and no turbulence. It took about 1 hour and 45 minutes. Again, we were shocked by the crowd at the airport.
It was quite a bad jam on the way to the hotel, adding bigger burden to my head for another half hour.
We reached Sheraton Hotel at around 10pm Pakistan time. Somehow, our hectic journey soothed by the welcoming feeling as we walked in to Sheraton Hotel with its perfect deco, cosy room arrangement and beautiful paintings by a local artis, Moazzam Ali.
I did some emailing and Facebook-ing. I miss my kids.
Time to rest. Tomorrow is another long day, before boarding another flight to Islamabad. To be continued........

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Confirmed...too much of Mutton Paya. Tulah you even ate my portion sampai dah nak muntah! Anyway have a safe journey & take care. No more goat's legs stew... tak cukup ke papa bawa dari Penang the other day? Ish ..ish..Ish-2T

Anonymous said...

I think they were worried sebab you were kincking around in the van.... itu bukan ubat tahan muntah but ubat tahan dari menendang. take care and dont forget our pakistani gifts, ha ha ha! bye..small sister diana.

Faida said...

2T,
Yes, I had 2 bowls, one for me and another one I ate on behalf of you. Excellent taste. Headache pun tak kira la... kaki kambing punya pasal.

Little sister,
I think you are right. I felt like hampir menendang but tak jadi after taking medicine.LOL!
Pakistani gift tak sempat beli. Wanted to, but we were not given a chance to shop. I bought something small from the airport though.

Anonymous said...

ah....kaki kambing tu nampak sedap! Tak pa, we get pap to buy for us when ever he is in penang!2T