Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Que Sera or Que Nadia?

 

Mama..! Mama..!! …thats my song..!

Excited, my little girl pulled my hand. Her tiny finger pointing up to the air. We were at a shopping mall then.

I listened, wondering what song she claimed as hers.

Yes! I heard the song clearly. It was an old song written by Jay Livingston and Ray Evans

It wasn't composed for her, somehow, my humming of the song was especially for her.

When I was just a little girl……I asked my mama…….what will I be…….Will I be pretty……will I be rich…….Here’s what she said to me……

que nadia..Nadia..whatever will be..will be… the future’s not ours to see..que nadia..Nadia….

I lulled her with those lyrics. She grew up thinking that it was hers especially from her mom.

My dear forever-little-girl, plan today and the future will be yours to see.

No comments: