Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Visitor from the Phillipines,Elaine

 

Elaine or known as Cleng-Cleng by the relatives came for a 5 days visit to Malaysia last week. We have never met prior to this, but this niece of mine is concern enough to get to know us, her Malaysian relatives. I'm glad we did, although it wasn't enough time for us to get to know better.

I came to know that she is a daughter of my 1st cousin, via Facebook. I’ve met her mom many years ago when I visited Zamboanga to attend a wedding, but we have never spoken to each other, as it was too many relatives attended.

Most of the time I feel very Malaysian and most of the time I forget that I have Filipino blood in me. It took relative from there to be here for me to realize the fact that I am half here and half there.

These cousins don't look-a-like, however they get along pretty well.

 DSC03542 DSC03541DSC03543

 

At home, Elaine speaks different language than I do. Its a regret for me not knowing Tagalog though. Anyway, I’m proud for being able to speak my mother tongue, Suluk, which is very-very similar, if not the same, to the language spoken by the Tausug in The Philippines.

So…Thats my story of the week.

No comments: