Thursday, October 15, 2009

Double barrel fiesta

Eid is still on. Last Saturday I had double gathering with inlaws with presence of my eldest sister-inlaw from Penang. Upon knowing their coming, within 2 hours, served on inexpensive kitchen utensils, grilled fish, grilled squid, sambal belacan (Malaysian famous shrimp paste), ulam (Malaysian Salad),Kerabu pegaga (a.k.a pennywort) and Tom Yum soup were ready on the table and I was there waiting with excitement that my inlaws were coming for lunch although with a very short notice.
Fish is not their favorite nor are the ulams. Somehow, I still extended my invitation for them to add joyous to my lunch time, as I knew that it wouldnt be the food, brought them to my space limited 'casa', but the assemblage, that furnishing delightness to that Saturday.
On the very evening, another mouth watering event at my perents-inlaw's, where every gathering is most of the time very well scheduled, while the dishes are most of the time reaching 99% excellencies. My Mom-inlaw no doubts, is an excellent cook and well organized individual. Just make sure to make appointment before dropping by her place.

7 comments:

Zurin said...

mmmmmmmmm Yum who can resist sambal belacan and squids! looked like fun and I remember ur MIL when she came to tunang u in KK ...I think it was tunang...dont rememebr what she looked like but I remmeber the ocassion. I was still in my twenties and blurr...LOLOL

Faida said...

That's right..! I remember now. Wow! that was more than 20 year ago. Time flies.
The next time we meet will be at my house ok. I will make sambal belacan for you and 'ikan rebus' for uncle.

Faida said...

Dekna,I got your sms telling that you like ikan bakar and my sambal belacan.So, I was wrong. ok Will call you the next time I make sambal belacan and grilled fish.

Anonymous said...

kak faida, ini tidak adil, you call diana makan you tak call I. Remember i tak ada maid to cook for me , diana ada maid. So dont forget me ...he he he joking only -TUTY

Anonymous said...

with comments like that you do not need to put your name or maybe you should be called the maidless queen a.k.a K2T. MAID OR NO MAID k.faida's sambal belacan and ikan bakar and tomyam and raw fish and and and and .... is mine, my house is nearer - DIANA

Faida said...

ok..ok..jangan gaduh. I will call all.

Anonymous said...

sebab your house near lah kak faida tak payah invite, you ambik bau saja, rumah i jauh baunya tak sampai, so i have to go there to EAT.2T