Thursday, October 22, 2009

Seminar week

Conducted VTLS User Group seminar at Putra Jaya Perdana Leadership Foundation Library (PLF), Tun Mahathir's office, but too bad didnt manage to see the great man. Saw a few foreign visitors were waiting to meet him. I am honored to receive a few books written by Tun, which now left to the secretary for his autograph. About 70 people attended the seminar. Encouraging. Last day of the Seminar, took a cruise of Putrajaya lake. Nice and wonderful sceenery.
On the next couple of hours after the Putrajaya Lake cruise, I was already at the airport, geared to board my flight to Sabah for The Blue Ocean Strategy seminar, took place at Magellan Resort with beautiful ocean view, conducted by the author himself Prof W. Chan Kim. Unexpectedly, despite the long flight arriving after midnight, during the seminar, I didnt fall into head banging to unrythmic trance, unlike many seminars and conferences I previously attended. Among the 200 people, the Chief Minister of Sabah and representatives from each ministry attended. Mr. CM attended fullday. Thats how interesting it was. When the CM around, who dare to leave the room? Not even to the restroom, until the coffee break. I met a few old friends and clients and friend's friend. I felt small as they are all with Datukship and YBs. Guess whoelse I met?My old university-mate and Datuk D.J.Dave. Nostalgia.
In the ballroom, I took a few shots before the MC announced, no camera.
Oh ya..I'm proud to know that Sabah owns the largest rainforest in Asia and 3rd in the world, which not many Malaysian know this. And what is lacking from Malaysian? Visualization of Awakening, Exploration,Strategy Fair and Communication(base on the book). Hence, the important facts about our natural treasure is remain unknown.
Back to the hotel room. Back to blogging habit. Could not sleep in a strange place.Need The Beatles (Something in the way she moves..)to put me to bed.

6 comments:

Zurin said...

Faida, Ive been away from the comp for a week or so. Im back now :) You have an interesting job don't you. travelling and I'm sure sabah trips are the most looked forwardto by you!:))

Anonymous said...

kak faida, i like the photo of your with the b/ground of Dr M. I am a BIG fan of him too.-TUTY

Faida said...

Aunty, good to know you're back online. I just checked your blog. Found new recipe! I checked often, not that I am going to cook, but the intention is there. About my travelling, I used to enjoy it during younger days, but now, I usually get unwell after a tiring trip.Need to excercise like you.

2T, oh..I'm glad Im not alone. Though, I am not a politician, I am also a big fan of the smart old man.Whatever unpleaseant I heard about him, could not stop me from saluting him for what he has done to this country.

Anonymous said...

didn't you realise the UCSI word on the screen. well UCSI is the regional office for BOS [BLUE OCEAN STRATEGY]...well maybe now you can explain the strategy to me - YOUNGEST S.I.L.

Faida said...

I paid 3K to attend the seminar. but for you youngest S.I.L, I will only charge half of the amount. I learned that from 2T

Anonymous said...

well, 4th sister cannot CON me so you will have to try harder. i could have gotten you a good discount.