Sunday, October 11, 2009

Raya balik kampong-Joy & Sadness




Raya in Lahad Datu is always fun especially to my kids. The only place they refer to as 'Balik kampong' is going back to Lahad Datu, their mother's hometown.

This is my first raya in Lahad Datu without my beloved brother Jamal. He passed away in January 2008. That was very devastating news. I just arrived in Kuching then, when I received a call from my brother Taib, informing that he colapsed and was unconcious. He never gain conciousness.

My sister Siti, who was then living in Kuching and I took the earliest flight to KK hoping to catch the first flight to LD.

As we landed in KK, we received the bad news. That was exactly 2 weeks after my eldest brother-in-law passed away.Adding to the unfortunate , the flight to LD delayed. I had not choice but to let them take the body for burial. year 2008 was not a good year for us.

From LD airport, we rushed to the graveyard. I had a glimpse of him for the last time seconds before his body was covered. I love you brother. Your love will stay with me forever.

This year, Raya was very short for me as we only stayed for 2 days. We took family photos. Sad to see my sister (Kakak Idang) and my sis-in-law, having to take their family photo shots without the father of their children. Innalillahi wa inalillahiroji'un...

2 comments:

Zurin said...

yes, I heard about ur brother and ur BIL. I'm sorry for the loss. It must have been hard for ur parents and all of you to lose someone so dear to ur hearts. My condolences.

Adri is so handsome! taller than his sister :) Rumah siapa tu? so lovely.

Faida said...

Thanks.Life goes on.May Allah bless us and grant us longer and healthy life.

Adri is taller than me too.

The family photos were taken in our LD house. We lost our old house in a big fire in 2002. No one knows the source, but I think it was due to short circuit. I'm taking it as a blessing in diguise, when all siblings got together to get a new house for our parents.