Monday, October 12, 2009

Inlaws: The making


There is a saying that its difficult to be around inlaws and its difficult to get a positive perception from them.

Base on the story of many daughter-inlaws(DIL) I spoke to,.. most of them said, its true.

For more than 15 years I lived far from my inlaws, before they move out from Penang couple of years ago, I didnt have a chance to learn the individuality while our gathering were rare then. Plus, KL Busy life wouldnt spare me time to get closer nor to read and understand my inlaws' perception towards me.

To make life easier, I sticked to my own grand unification theory that 'Everyone is COOL until proven CRUEL' .

It took me that many years to discover their personality traits and to understand their body and eyes language by observing thru every gathering, working towards near-perfect DIL, complying to the customs and house regulation at the same time taking precaution not to hurt anyone as much as possible.

I have to admit that it wasnt easy, especially when I am from across the ocean, took time to match lingua franca and perhaps, sociology diversed or in unusual manner. Anyway, those were my initial perception, until I decided to stop apprehending by means of senses, be ME, accept everybody with open mind and think positive.Problem solved.
As far as the saying said, its not all truly true. Although am stil not a near-perfect inlaw, but I am now accepting the jokes and enjoying the craziness and wittiness of my SILs.

A trip with them to Bandung last April was the eyes-breaking moment, that narrowed down the gap. I had so much fun then, with these Gorgeous Moms of colorfull characters. I heartedly laughed to the brother's prankish acts, that family gathering is something for me to look forward.








As for my hubby...I'm married to him (scratching head my dear?).

I could feel love thru the silence of my Dad-inlaw and I do cry to my Mom-inlaw's sorrow.


My mom said to me once during my early marriage, "never hurt your mother inlaw's feeling" I am still holding to her advice, and am passing it to the younger honeymooners.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

nasib baik gambar i ok.

Faida said...

Let me guest, KDD right?

Anonymous said...

No , its me-TUTY

Faida said...

Hah..pandaipun masukkan comment.Ambik cuti 1 hari untuk belajar mengomen.

Anonymous said...

K2T dont need cuti uth belajar 'mengomen' dia mesti cuti daripada 'mengomen'. ha ha ha

Anonymous said...

Hello ! kalau tak ada oarang "mengomen" nanti u all rasa ada yang missing pulak.Yang cuti last monday tu, cuti deepavali.-Tuty