Monday, December 26, 2011

Activities Behind The Silence

 

I’ve been keeping quiet from my blogsite, lately.

A few trips were in line….

DSC00691

Then, gathering with clients………..

DSC_0415

 

 

Then, house chores, since my hyper-talkative maid got married and happily resigned and I happily let her go. Phewww…..!

what a relief for me. Since then I come home from work enjoying the quietness.

MaidSri

And then, sickness came in between. When I recovered, a little re-union slotted in.

IMG00348-20111223-1853 IMG00347-20111223-1819 IMG00346-20111223-1817

Nice to meet you guys..!!!

Next, if you read my previous posting, you would know that I just came back from my relaxing trip to the foot of The Mount Kinabalu.

They were sayings that, the risk of getting heart attack, is higher on those who work hard for money and never go on vacation.

So, in my recent business meeting in KK, I decided to conclude my duty with a journey to the mountain.

DSC01730

I spent a night at the cool place.

Driving 2 hours down the mountain, I stopped by The Tanjung Aru beach. Nostalgic place for me. It used to be my weekend hangout when I was in high school. Its located just 2 minutes drive from Kota Kinabalu International Airport.

IMG00335-20111215-1102

When I came back, I still couldn't get the vacation mood out of my mind.

So, I picked up my brush, canvas and coloring material. I browsed thru a Facebook friend’s wall. He, who I remember had many photograph of ocean view. I started painting. I did it in 2 hours.

  DSC01533

Nadia said it looks like a work done by a lil’ child. I agree. I posted it on the guy’s wall, anyway. It was kinda a messy job, somehow, I got a ‘like’. That encouraged me to pick another canvas.

 

DSC01747

This is the result.

It looks slightly better than the first as my strokes were getting firmed. I looked at it against the mirror. Hemm…….. not bad, but….

I thought…it needs a partner if I want to hang it on the wall.

Again, I sacrificed my beauty sleep. I stayed up until 3 am to work on the partner painting. It was Christmas when I woke up with a big headache. I didn't have enough sleep.

I rushed out of the room to check on the master piece I was working on, that night. My sleepy head got its reward when I got another ‘like’ thru the FB on this………

DSC01755

The guy who clicked on ‘like’ also recognized the place.  I Loike..!!!

Art can be fun. If only I could spend more time……………..

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

really nice S.I.L you should do it more often minus the headache!!!...littlesisD

Faida said...

wah.! Thank you S.I.L for your encouraging statement. FYI, as of this comment is posted,the headache is still on. aarrgghh..!! I think a yummy dessert would help.

Anonymous said...

your request for a yummy dessert is giving me a headache! LOL.......littlesisD

Faida said...

Ok then start thinkig now.make sure its the best.