Thursday, December 15, 2011

Year End Visit to Clients in Sabah

 

Like my last month’s visit to Kota Kinabalu, I chose the hotel located in a newly urbanized area, 1Borneo. Grand Borneo Hotel is quite OK. What I like the most is the location which is connected to the 1borneo Mall, besides, its only 5 minutes drive from where my client is. The room is clean and cozy, nice pictures on the wall and it provides me a soothing window view. RM248 per night is reasonable for its standard.

DSC01563 DSC01564 DSC01565 DSC01566

My meeting with a client went well. My colleagues and I were given a warmth welcome as in the past visit. And as in the past visits, I would usually be the camerawoman.

DSC01568

The lady Boss (client) was so glad to receive our visit. She proudly showed me her nicely decorated room and all the recognition given to her department, UMS Library.

    DSC01574 

  DSC01578DSC01581

She has the best view seen through her windows. While my colleagues were busy capturing the beautiful garden, I captured their astonishment.

DSC01576DSC01583

 

Next visit was to another client which windows , too, displayed a beauty.

The staff were excited seeing our admiring the view from their office.

DSC01587DSC01584  DSC01586   DSC01590

Looking at those beauties inspired me to sketch.

POIC is stands for Palm Oil Industrial Cluster. The Sabah State Government set up POIC Sabah Sdn Bhd to spearhead palm oil downstream processing so as to add value to its 1.4 million hectares of oil palm plantations. I’m proud to have them as my client, as it has creates jobs and business opportunities to the people of my hometown, Lahad Datu, located 55 minutes by flight, south eastern Sabah.

Ok enough of business talk……The rest of our visit of the day was to the shopping mall. Christmas is just around the corner, but the celebration is felt long before the date. Christmas trees were seen at every entrance. Christmas songs were heard at every corner.

 

DSC01592 DSC01593 DSC01594 DSC01595  Jingle bell..!  Jingle bell..!   Jingle al the way……

Ops..!!! Dinner time..!!!

What is a visit to the land below the wind without seafood..?? Nothing much to tell. You watch me eat..

DSC01597 DSC01598 DSC01599 DSC01600 DSC01601 DSC01602 DSC01603

Yes..!!! All of them. Consumed by just 2 ladies. (Oh God..please let me out of this gluttony.)

We returned to hotel with full tummy. It wasn't too early to sleep , then, but as usual, I couldn't get my eyes closed in a strange place. So I picked up a pencil and sketch book that I bought at the mall that evening. Sketch..sketch..throw…sketch..sketch..throw….at the end..zzzzzZzzz

No comments: