Sunday, December 18, 2011

Read and watched Ombak Rindu

 

It happened about 3 years ago. I was going on a business trip to Brunei, then, when a client asked me to purchase a Novel for his wife. While waiting for my train to Kuala Lumpur International Airport, I stopped by a book store just besides the checkin counter. I picked up one novel. I read the first few lines and I read the next line and the next. The last thing I remember, I’ve took it to the cashier.

I bought one for my client’s wife and one for myself. That was the 1st Malay novel I’ve read in my life. Ombak Rindu. Doesn't sound like me, but i actually read through to the finishing line. It happened 3 years ago and I’ve forgotten about it

ombak-rindu

Then last week, people around me were talking about a movie Ombak Rindu. It didnt catch my attention at all, as I am not a movie goer. I went a few times when my teens kids ‘forced’ me to join them. I would eat and sleep in the cinema. Lion King was fun, Harry Potter was great. It was such a long movies and I had a long nap in the cool and dimmed room. Twilight and Ice Age were fun to watch too.

Ombak Rindu clicked my mind when my sister in-law, Tuty, mentioned about the movie during her visit to my house. It sounded familiar. I turned to my book shelves and did a quick browse. There it was, untouched for many years.

I’ve actually read the book!!!

Today, I broke the news to Nadia, my daughter. We are going fo a movie. Ombak Rindu. I couldnt remember the story, but I remember the feeling when I was reading it. This gave me the urge to visit the cinema.

Today…..

“Girl, we are going to the cinema. Get ready". I surprise my daughter, Nadia.

“Malay movie? no way” My hubby opposed.

“Yes, we are going. you may sleep in the cinema if you want” I determined.

At the fist show, 11:30am, there we were, all family, enjoying the love story.

My comment : “The story I read was much better”. I agree with Tuty, who said that earlier.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

pinjammmm.... littlesisD

Faida said...

littlesisD,
its with 2nd sister. She read it within a day. She did even bother to listen to our conversation then. hooked to the book.

Anonymous said...

watched the movie, reading your book (not as fast as K2T) but just wondering if I can borrow Aaron Aziz as well, yummy (hope he reads yr blog) he he he ..... littlesisD

Faida said...

Ok littlesisD, enjoy your reading. I also want to borrow Aaron Aziz or anyone, merely because I need a domestic helper.