Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Now I Know What I’ve Missed

 

First thing first……FOOD..!!! HUUWWAAAA…..!!!!

food17 food16 food15 food14 food12  food111 food10 food8 food9 food7 food6 food5 food1 food2 food3 food4

They were served for free. No entrance fee required. Based on ..

“EAT ALL YOU CAN.! “ ‘While stock lasts.

Not only that….

kids4 PotluckPng41 PotluckPng42  PotluckPng44 PotluckPng46 PotluckPng47 mummyZawiya PotluckPng55

I didnt get to meet all of them…..

PotluckPng40 kids3 PotluckPng39 PotluckPng34 PotluckPng35 PotluckPng36 PotluckPng52

 

And them….

PotluckPng33 PotluckPng15 PotluckPng21   PotluckPng18 PotluckPng16 PotluckPng13 PotluckPng14 KD PotluckPng50 PotluckPng51

And them….

PotluckPng1 PotluckPng6 nanabab Nadin

And many more of them.

PotluckPng2 PotluckPng3 PotluckPng48 PotluckPng49

They are all relatives from my husband’s side. Them, who I’ve been wanting to meet.

potluck..anyone.??

The initial plan started from the Facebook group. As far I could remember, this was the 2nd potluck, and the 1st held in Penang. It happens to be the biggest.

BUT……

For some reason I could not attend. I missed the wonderful event.

All along I’ve been keeping silent among the family. That event was the best way to meet up, as I didnt know many of them and I still dont..and… I MISSED THE GREAT EVENT ????? AARRGGGHHHH…!!!

I wished it was not held during Chinese New Year, when a trip to Penang is a No..No.. to me. My previous experience of 10 hours stuck on the road was good enough to reason  out, especially when the rest area was then about 3—4 hours ahead the slow moving traffic, while the alien was about to come out from down under. urrgghh…thats it!

Driving to the island, The Pearl Of The Orient during that festive season is not fun. I had enuff of stress having to drive in bad congested road everyday to work. So.. serve me right…I missed meeting those special people whom I’ve been wondering who.

Thru photograph posted on the group FB, I noticed their excitement right from the very beginning, when preparation were ‘supperbly’ done.

Congratulation to Mr. President and the subordinates.

preparation3 preparation2 preparation preparation1

PotluckPng24 PotluckPng25

They completed the event with audio system and unpaid MC.

PotluckPng19 PotluckPng5

With Registrar….

PotluckPng30 PotluckPng29 PotluckPng28 PotluckPng27

And with road signs and banner…

  preparation4   PotluckPng12

with Shisa too….

PotluckPng9PotluckPng43

Some took the chance to celebrate birthday. This would be ‘The Day’ to remember for the birthday girl.

 PotluckPng38

And I missed the Grand Nite…????

PotluckPng26

They all got together that night. The youngs and the not-so-olds, while I am here browsing through all the photographs, drooling looking at the food and still wondering who is who.

Lets turn back time, will ya..!

4 comments:

Ghouse said...

Good Post. Well Said..all of us wished that you could be there too. Takpa cuz..see you in Kl on the 4th and make sure not to miss the Family day on the 14, 15, 15 of March 2012..

The president with lots of supporters that makes things happened.

Ghouse

Faida said...

Bravo my dear cousin,Ghouse. Something planned from the heart resulted a great success.

Next potluck, here I come!

Krushid Shah said...

Hi Faida, very well written with the photos..hope to see you in next potluck....From: krushid

Faida said...

Thanks Brother Krushid.Those photos are collected from the FB. I believed most of them are nicely taken by Farhah.Yes, hope to see you in the next potluck.