Friday, January 27, 2012

To Work on Firefly

 

This morning I went to work as usual, but I didnt need to drive this time. I took a flight, instead.That was the 1st time I flew on Firefly. I was going to Johor Bahru for a short meeting. My flight departed from Subang Airport at 7:25am. My last trip from this beautifully refurbished airport was about 15-17 years ago.

I arrived 1 hour earlier just to incorporate any unexpected matters. I hate Murphy’s law.

To avoid delays, I’ve checked in through the web checkin facility at the time when I purchased the ticket via internet, but, I wasn't sure where to park my car at that airport, so I asked my hubby to send me. Not many people at the airport. What a peaceful trip.

Again, I wasn't sure if or not I had to verify my boarding pass, like when I flew with Airasia. I looked around for the specific counter. None. I went ahead to the common checkin counter staff. “You can just walk in directly to the departure hall, Ma’am” She directed me. “Great” I thought. I followed her instruction.

Passing through the security check was no hassle either. No ID required. Just a boarding pass would do.The departure hall has only 3 gates , next to each other and can be seen within the radius of my sight. Meaning..you may sit wherever and whichever corner without missing your flight.

While waiting I sent text message to my S.I.L, wishing her a happy birthday, before switching off my cell-phone. Later I learned that I had a few missed calls from my loving husband. MUAHH..!

I landed on the expected time. The flight took only 1 hour, to JB.

Come to think about it…. what an easy and peaceful flight I just experience with Firefly. As easy as 1-2-3

1) purchase ticket thru internet

2)Checkin thru web checkin and print your Boarding Pass

3)walk straight to the departure hall, passing by the security checkpoint, showing your boarding pass.

You will only require to show your ID when the staff call for boarding.

No long queue, No rush, not noise. Refreshment and muffin are served.

My meeting at Johor Bahru lasted until lunch hour. The great host bought me a perfect lunch at a local restaurant. Seri Bayu . (Not sure it this is correct), at Larkin Perdana.

After lunch a business partner sent me back to the airport to catch the 5pm flight. I reached home at 6:30pm, similar to my regular time of reaching home after work.

Now I have an extra choice of airlines.

No comments: