Friday, April 15, 2011

Its in the bible

 

I have been doing this ‘not-good’ practice for years. When the night comes, I could not let my mind to stop thinking until I see the clock pointing at number 1.

I would normally do some reading, painting, blogging or searching lost things, which ever comes to my mind at that point of time. When I was younger, I even cooked at that odd hours. Yes, that is the weird side of me.

I'm not a religious person. Somehow, last night I had an urge to read books related to religion. I thought of the Bible, that I borrowed from my neighbor, Rick. I fetched it from the shelf. Then I picked up The Quran from my bedside and one of my  book collection, authored by my favorite Muslim scholar, Ahmad Deedat.

The glare from my side lamp irritated my hubby who was fast asleep until I switched it on, but he knew I wouldn't budge regardless. He tossed and turned for a while, and then… zzzzZZZzzz…

I started to read, while having both Holy books, The Quran and The Bible as my reference whenever necessary.

150420112369

I like to do such comparison, although I was warned on the possible implication of reading The Bible. Still, I don't think its wrong to read and use it for comparison reason.

Anyway, this is what I learned from the history. Prophet Muhammad(Praised Be Upon Him),who didn't know how to read nor write, one day went into a cave named Hira’ , mediating. He was forty years old then.

Suddenly, a voice came to him.“ Read”

“I cannot read”, He said.

He was asked again , and his answer was the same “I cannot read”

At last , the voice said,

 “Read in the name of your Rabb who created. Created man from a leechlike mass. Read! Your Lord is the most gracious. Who taught by the pen, taught man what he knew not”.I captured this from The Quran Ayah 96: Surah 1 to 5

Then, as if they were inscribed upon his heart. He remembers them and he also remembers all the following revelations sent to him, after that. He passed those beautiful words around through his closest friends.

Come to think about it…an illiterate man like Muhammad could come out with such beautiful words?? Couldn't be possible.

Next, I referred to The Bible. Its written.

“Or if you give the scroll to someone who cannot read, and say, “Read this please.: He will answer, “I don't know how to read”. the Bible, Isaiah 29:12

That kept me thinking…. The history of the first revelation received by The Prophet Muhammad(PBUH) was already known, waaaaayyyy before he was born. And, its written in The Bible.

What an interesting facts.

I then took a glance at the clock. 1:30 am !!!!  Time to sleep.

 

No comments: